All Topics / The Treasure Chest / help – what business can I build?

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi everybody

>And I listened to one of his audio tapes and he talks down to >people like they are 2 year olds.

I guess his target market is not someone like yourself who has a degree and knows lots of detailed stuff. The target market is middle America, and people like me – ordinary people not in finance who want to take control of their lives and become financially free. I didn’t get specific property investing from Kiyosaki, but what I did get was that my thinking completely changed. And I needed to read that first. I moved on from that book to eliminating consumer debt, learning about shares and property for a year before eventually choosing cashflow-positive property as my investment ‘thing’. While building businesses as a ‘day gig’.

Ok back to you – now you seem to have an awful lot going for you but to be a little brutal (and I’m safe because i don’t think you can thwack me from here, hehe) you do have to eliminate all the reasons ‘why not’ and find solutions for all of them.
    but I think the first thing that you have to figure out is WHAT you want to do. Really. I mean – do you WANT to get a job or would you bypass that step and go straight to ‘investor’ if you could? Work out what you really want to do first. THEN figure out all the things you ‘think’ are stopping you. Solve them one by one. Only after you have removed all the excuses can you take action!!

An example – a friend a while back who had cancer at 25. Was in treatment. was also whingeing that where he worked, he couldn’t get any further because marketing graduates that had absolutely no clue about fashion retail were getting promoted over him. I said ‘sounds like you need to get a marketing degree’. ‘What’s the point, I might die’, he said (in a round about way.) I replied ‘well at least you’ll die with part of a marketing degree’. sounds a bit harsh but it worked. A few years later he has a marketing degree, no cancer, got promoted – then left retail to do what he really wanted to do which was sing -got signed to Universal and is in the US making his record with some big names.

Another example – ‘I really want to leave my job and get my diving qualifications and go teach diving in Fiji but i can’t afford it’ – not right now you can’t but buy time – maybe you can do it in 6 months if you get a second job three nights a week and save up for 6 months.

In kiyosaki’s game ‘cashflow 101’ you can pull the janitor card and still win the game, on the lowest income. it’s not what you make but what you do with it. Even if you get any old job just for now, who cares, it’s not a life sentence.

cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

oh and re vitamins,
    My mum started on some 2 months ago (in liquid form, and along with a *colloidal* mineral supplement, very important difference ) – ) – she is in her 60s and was grey – her hair is growing back dark again. As well as lots of other things. you can actually see the 2 cm stripe where it started, coinciding with taking the minerals. (apparently grey hair is a copper-deficiency)

A friend’s dad was admitted to hospital. ‘what daughter? i don’t have a daughter’. Diagnosed as senile dementia. Guess what. it was a vitamin b deficiency. Completely cured when the vitamin was given. And that’s no quackery – that was Wellington Hospital.

Drug companies – aargh!!! OK, let’s just talk about even one drug – Prozac-
    it is so expensive, hundreds per month. And it’s completely addictive. So drug companies don’t want anyone to ‘prove’ that vitamins can ‘cure’ illnesses that their drugs never cure (they just treat the symptoms.

To me it is totally possible that there are non-drug medical cures that will never become mainstream because commerce won’t allow it.

Medical Science is just waaaay too slow for the times.

cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of livelifelivelife
    @livelife

I agree
    I used to be unhappy because of this and that.
    I worked as a scientist and was sick and tired of constantly applying for funding and worrying about cut-backs and low salary.
    Kiyoski’s books really changed my thinking and attitudes. I took my destiny into my hands and my life completly changed. I am truly on the right side of the quadrant (B and I) and it wasn’t even hard.
    So if you don’t like it, change it.

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

does kiyosaki come to Oz for seminars? when

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Fullout,

He was here I think in May and he did 3 days seminar for property investor for $7K.

Amit

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Please note I am not ANTI SUPPLEMENT, there are clear indications for supplements in a number of cases which are health related, nutritionally deficient etc.

The issue relates to selling grossly overpriced, network marketed vits/antioxidants to your average healthy population on the premise that they help prevent ageing, cvs disease cancers and who knows what else.
    the evidence to date is not conclusive for or against, so I hope you are selling it based on that premise.
    there is also a placebo effect of wanting to believe it does some good, hence you feel better.

Profile photo of perthguyperthguy
    @perthguy

Crashy….
    Can you clarify if the Diploma of Financial Advising is the revised version of DFP. If it is i am surprised that someone will not employ you on a commission only basis to establish your own client base.
    I know that working on commission only is not the most stable of incomes but it may give you that foot in the door. I would also enquire about work experience with these firms, try the smaller companies

Hope this helps
    Darren

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Havent seen any commission only positions advertised. I have applied for some salary jobs with Suncorp & similar but always get knocked back due to “experience”. A paraplanning role is the stepping stone to advising but even then they want “experience”. grrr

DFA is the new, better DFP, according to SIA.
    However one recruitment guy told me DFA wasnt recognised as a replacement for DFP, so im a bit confused. He seems to snob my qualification as inferior. DFA has 8 modules, while you can get away with only 4 modules in DFP ( I think) and be compliant.

I have someone inside SIA guiding me at the moment.

cheers

Profile photo of InvestigatorInvestigator
    @investigator

Crashy,

I’m in Perth, and am looking to take on another advisor.

Where are you?

Chris

Participant
    @crashy
    Participant
    @crashy

I suppose I could operate under your licence though…..kind of like a franchise? Seen it done with many firms, but they want you to pay like $50k up front for the priveledge….pfft.

Hey I’m open to anything.

Participant
    @crashy

Hmmm

actually you just gave me a ripper idea.

I have exceptional knowledge of a new, unknown product (which beats anything else out there), as well as exceptional knowledge of the sharemarket, but no licence to provide advice about either.

If I were to operate under a dealers licence, sub contract or something, it could be done. Would either need to be one big company or lots of smaller ones. Wonder how legal it would be to act as an authorised representative of multiple companies? Hell I could offer my services at $125 an hour, and the company could charge $250. Then I am also not really working cos I am “doing something that I love”

I could approach every advisor in the city, and see how many bite. Geez my skills must be useful to someone!

Profile photo of perthguyperthguy
    @perthguy

Can i just say that you are missing most of the market by only applying for advertised positions. Ring places, speak to people let them discover the knowledge you have when they talk to you.
    Send them letters, but get the name of the person who does the hiring and send it to them personaly.

Time to start marketing yourself and your abilities. There is someone out there that will give you a chance, the thing is you need to find them.

Darren

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘help – what business can I build?’ is closed to new replies.