All Topics / The Treasure Chest / EDestiny by Margaret Lomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of CaptainPositiveCaptainPositive
    Participant
    @captainpositive

Hello to you all.

Here’s one to get you all talking.

I assume you have all read Margarets Lomas’ books.
    Do you also know that she has her own company called Edestiny where clients can be cased managed for life re investment properties.

Has anyone had dealings with Edestiny or can anyone give me any feedback what soever about this company.

As a newbie who is trying to get a handle on all this any help would be aprreciated.

Regards,
    Captain Positive

Profile photo of livelifelivelife
    @livelife

I was considering to become a client.
    What put me off was that they charge $2500 fee
    that is supposed to cover advise from them forever plus software.That also includes help with re-financing (which you can get free through a broker).
    They also strongly recommend that you spend another $350 or so on a report on your current financial situation.You pay for your first report and the ones in the future are free.

One big negative is that there is no specific contract that speciies IN DETAIL what you are going to get for the $2500. I tried to ask but all I was getting were very generalised statements.

I love Margaret’s books but I don’t think I will become her client.

Profile photo of CaptainPositiveCaptainPositive
    Participant
    @captainpositive

Thanks Livelife for your feed back.

I was asking my self the question. What do I get for my $2,500. I drew the same conclusion as you, not much.

Ta
    Captain Positive

quote:

I was considering to become a client.
    What put me off was that they charge $2500 fee
    that is supposed to cover advise from them forever plus software.That also includes help with re-financing (which you can get free through a broker).
    They also strongly recommend that you spend another $350 or so on a report on your current financial situation.You pay for your first report and the ones in the future are free.

One big negative is that there is no specific contract that speciies IN DETAIL what you are going to get for the $2500. I tried to ask but all I was getting were very generalised statements.

I love Margaret’s books but I don’t think I will become her client.

Profile photo of CaptainPositiveCaptainPositive
    Participant
    @captainpositive

Hello Michael and Kaye,

Thankyou for your comments on M Lomas.

It seems we all agree to give Edestiny a miss.

Ta
    Captain positive

quote:

Her books are ok, but give the rest of the services from Edestiny a miss.

Try this for some information:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1670

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=852

Also, try searching for Lomas or Edestiny.

Michael

Profile photo of nessness
    @ness

I think the books are great, I tried to book a prelim meeting with a consultant and after three telephone calls gave up! Has anyone bought +’ve cashflow properties using her methods. After reading her books I tend to think that using her method you’d find more as opposed to the 11sec solution. What’s your thoughts?

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

I read her positive cashflow book literally as I was starting out and it was the best thing I ever read (at the time). It all made so much sense and really is one of the things that got me into this. I realised that the one and only property I ever owned (and which is now rented) is actually +ve cashflow, and I had never even heard the term before.

Suddenly all the stuff I read from Robert Kiyosaki made more sense, and the next book I read was Dolf De Roos real estate riches. A powerful combination!

I recently started to read her latest book, hoping to get more insights – but to be honest its now sitting half read next to my bed (under a lot of other books that I want to read before it). Yawn.

Edestiny is her ‘financial planning’ business that started at her home on the Central Coast of NSW and is now being franchised in NSW and I think Qld? Soon coming to other states too. From what I gather (I am in the industry) she is not looking for qualified and experienced CFPs, so it is really a mortgage broking operation promoting positive cashflow properties. A lot of her clients are simply those who have seen her speak, or read her book. I think we can do better…

Tas [:D]

Profile photo of livelifelivelife
    @livelife

EDestiny is in Perth as well.
    I agree with all your comments.
    Margaret’s books are really good.

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

To be fair to destiny they do alot more than just offer a broker service.

Their services go right into personal finances, budgeting, structuring etc. Also, they assist in the actual hands on process with making purchases etc.

They do not find or locate the properties (you can source some off the register if you wish)but they help you with the mechanics. I think they are excellent for newbies and people without confidence to do it all themselves.

Property investment is very daunting when you first get into it. I know that many of you are very experienced but there are many out there who arn’t. They are the only financial planning organisation out there who centre on property investments.

The $2500 fee lasts forever, as much advice and as many consultations as you need. The only money they make after that is from brokering. This is bugger all compared to most financial planners who charge a much higher fee then sell you off for a commision.

I have never seen on any forum an actual client of Destiny who have bagged their operation.

Horses for courses people!!

Profile photo of BarbaraBarbara
    Participant
    @barbara

Hello,

After reading the above comments, I have decided to wait before attending a meeting with the new office that has recently opened in Clayfield Qld, Is there anyone here who is a client, I would really like to hear your comments.

Barb

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘EDestiny by Margaret Lomas’ is closed to new replies.