All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Why list with different agent to buying agent?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of nessness
    @ness

I’ve noticed in reading the forum a few people have suggested not listing a rental with the same purchasing agent. Why is this?

I’ve also noticed people have raised their eyebrows when I have purchased from one agent and then relisted the re-sale with the same agent months later. What are you views on this?[|)]

Profile photo of Andrew_PAndrew_P
    Participant
    @andrew_p

After buying one property with one agent I know that I would not use this agent to sell my property. He was putting more pressure on seller rather than get best price or him.
    I would sell my property with Jenman recommended agent though. They worked for me rather than buyer.

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Andrew, I’m not sure I understand your post as the selling agent is YOUR agent and therefore must act in the interests of you the seller, as you are the one paying the commission! Conversely, when buying a property you should not expect the agent to be too helpful as they are working for the vendor.

I dont see any problem with using the same agent for purchase and sale… They have previously marketed the property, why not do it again and leverage off their experience?

Don’t just do it on that basis though, choose whoever you think is the best person for the job, or who you have a working relationship with that will appreciate the listing and perhaps later return the favour by telling you about a property coming onto the market and you might get first shot at it…

I have just listed a property with the same agent I purchased from a year ago, for the sole reason that she has just sold another property exactly the same as mine for a good price (same complex of villas) and I want to leverage off this.

Hope this helps,

Tas [:D]

Profile photo of nessness
    @ness

Thanks for the inpu[;)]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Why list with different agent to buying agent?’ is closed to new replies.