All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Who should pay?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MalaMala
    @mala

Howdy,

I was recently informed by my property manager that there was an issue with the plumbing for my IP, after getting the plumber in and investigating further, it turned out that it was a body corporate issue and not mine, however, since my tenants were unable to use the bathroom, loo etc, they had to stay elsewhere for a week. Now, they have requested that they be compensated for that week.. my question is who should pay? Should I take a weeks rent off or shouldn’t I?
    Your opinions will be much appreciated..

Mala

Profile photo of johndjohnd
    @johnd

Hi Mala,

Only a suggestion, treat your tenants like customers, once you approach it with that view then make your decission who should pay. At the end of the day a happy customer is what is most important to every business, and renting is a form of a business. Strive to achieve a win win outcome, and if one weeks rent buys you loyality and longevity and sustainability from a customer I reckon thats a pretty cheap buy but at the end of the day it’s your decision, just remeber your customers are not renting from the body corporate they are renting from you. If there are issues with the body corporate they are for you to sort out not your tenants, but this is only my humble opinion. Good Luck!
    regards
    John[;)]

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi Mala. I have to agree with John here. If I were in your position I would pay the plumbing bill then take the matter up with the body corporate to get reimbursement. Keep your tenant out of the argument. Unfortunately maintainence bills etc along the way come with the territory.

Cheers

Marty

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Mala

I think John gave a great reply, contact your tenant personally and apologise for the inconvenience they have had and include a gift as well as the rent like movie tickets or a toilet brush in case it happens again![:D]

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Who should pay?’ is closed to new replies.