All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Interest Only Loans

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Rusty073Rusty073
    @rusty073

quote:

Don’t have much time but feel I have to respond.

1. Most IO periods are for 5 years. ANZ offers 10 years and St George offers 15. An indefinite IO period = LOC.

2. LOC are often a waste of money – too expensive. Normally only 1 out of 10 people that think they need a LOC actually do. You are better off (from a cost perspective) to use an offset or basic loan.

3. St George’s LOC is ok but too expensive.
    – High ongoing fees ($10 per month, per sub-account)
    – Break fees of $1,000 for 3 years.

ANZ’s LOC is much, much better (higher interest rate discounts, less fees, no break costs).

I’m writting an article for The Australian about LOC’s and will let you know when its published.

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

LOC is working for me to pay off my PPOR as i am self employed and have my tax sitting in the account for the month as well.

Profile photo of davo70davo70
    @davo70

Let face it boys and girls this one comes down to what you are comfortable doing. I really see no problem with 100% offset or LOC. So do some investigating with the banks and find out the fees and charges associated with each type and then make a decision from there.

As a broker I always let the customer decide I just tell them what the loan does and how much it costs. It is not my job to sell a product but a service to allow them to make an informed decision.

Profile photo of livelifelivelife
    @livelife

Dear davo70

Do you know if with any of LOC, can you have one sub-account in a company/business name.

I want to have one sub-account in joint name for “private expenses” where we would deposit my husband’s salary, one for property investment (joint name as well) and a third one for our home businesses (we have two small businesses) income/expenses.
    It happens that our home businesses are under company/business names so the third subaccount would have to be in company/business names.

Any comments
    Barbara

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

does steve recomend interest only? why does he do P & I?

Profile photo of CaptainPositiveCaptainPositive
    Participant
    @captainpositive

Thanks to every one who replied.

Much Appreciated.

Captain

Profile photo of livelifelivelife
    @livelife

For Stuart

How come you think that ANZ LOC is better.
    I rang them and the interest rate is 7.10% and 7.85% on the sub-accounts.And you can have only two sub-account.Both CBA and St George are around 6.5%

Any comments?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Interest Only Loans’ is closed to new replies.