All Topics / The Treasure Chest / the sunday age – is this a worry?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Is it a worry to pick up this morning’s Sunday Age and find a 28 page advertising supplement extolling the virtues of alleged property investment “opportunities” covering every state of Australia? I mean, the picture on the front has got a lovely looking couple playing golf in front of what is a nice looking unit complex… all they need is a lovely BMW in the picture as well… (tongue in cheek of course)

What’s your take on it?

R

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

It seems that the whole of Australia has gone property investment mad. It’s the new buzz thing at the moment.

Unfortunately, this creates a perfect environment for all the sharks out there.

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Makes you wonder – if every man and his dog are buying investment properties, is the market running too hot?

I looked at a number of properties this weekend. One of them was a townhouse in a strata complex. My research showed that another townhouse in the complex sold for $40,000 less than what the owner was asking. This was only 6 months ago. And the property for sale was completely unrenovated! The agent (not surprisingly) claimed that it was a very fair price, avoided the plain fact of the recent sales history and was rather condescending towards me for suggesting that the property was overpriced!

go figure.

Cheers
    M

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘the sunday age – is this a worry?’ is closed to new replies.