All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Security vs Gain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Question for you guys to think about.

I was reading the post about equity or cashflow and something I have strong feelings about reared itself.

If you do buy a house why would you buy it in your own name ? Is it worth the CGT free to have your asset unprotected ? Sure you may miss out on some cap gains (via tax) but isn’t one of the most important consideratioms for investors protecion of assets.

What good is the gain if it is vulnerable ?

If we protect our rental purchases via a company/trust structure why is “our” house less likely to become an asset target ?

So there is the question security vs gain ?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

There is a lot of talk on assett protection.
    There is also a lot of fear of loosing assetts.
    We hold our assettts in personal names (home)and trusts.
    I mean, how real is this threat, are there any statistics on this issue. If the risk is 1 per million or even less, you almost have a better chance of winning tatts lotto.
    It seems to me somewhat over rated.
    Unless you are really in a high risk group, either your business or profession, then it may be very worthwhile, but if you are an average person?
    I know s… can happen but was is the likely chance? You take out pers. liability cover for property, your business and profession.
    To be at risk og loosing your assetts, you would have to be very unfortunate.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

if you want to know mor about this topic then buy steve’ wealth guadian. It is great

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Security vs Gain’ is closed to new replies.