All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Starting …!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi All,
    I have been following this forum very carefully and am learning alot from the posts on here.. easily the best place source on the net!!. I am a 23 yr old and have been working hard the last month or so to start my property investment portfolio, I am hoping with each deal I can make I can drop a day or two from my full time job and do more property reaserach.

I am with a group of 4, we are keen and are halfway through the NII course which we cost-split and are studying together .. I know alot of ppl are bagging him no end on here but I think he is great for beginners and doing it in a group reducers the cost considerablly.

I have a couple of questions for the experienced investors that are here .. and I hope you guys dont mind me asking but its hard to know who to trust for info sometimes if they are taking money from u for it …

1. What have ppl found the best way to start .. is it off the plan or options or what? ..I know we are keen off the plan investors cause HK promotes it really well in his seminars…just wondering what you thought.

2. Does anyone here have much experience in property valuation and the effectiveness of obtaining higher references to boost ur property val ?

Thanks alot for ur input in advance guys …

=0)

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

G’day Johnny. Personally (and remember, this is only my thought), I like to buy something that I can physically see before me. Plans and pictures etc are great but they aren’t tangible. Probably depends on your strategy too. I like to buy and hold because I understand that better than other methods. Dont know if I’ve answered your question or not, but if you’re thinking, it was worth it. Be VERY careful with those Henry Kaye type seminars.
    All the best
    Marty

Profile photo of princessprincess
    @princess

hi,

unless you are pretty experienced, its hard to know what a property will look like from the plans. When they say its 90m, you need to know what that will feel like. Also there is so much you can not see – how warm/cold is the place, is that room really ok for two kids etc etc. I would stick to houses you can walk through and inspect.
    I would start with the simple stuff, houses you can see, then get into more sophisticated deals later on. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Starting …!’ is closed to new replies.