All Topics / The Treasure Chest / NSW town of Cobar + accountant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of bedeanbedean
    Participant
    @bedean

I have only just discovered this web site this week and I must admit that I am hooked!! As a “learner”, I have had so many questions answered already {and I didnt even have to ask them}. I really, really need a good accountant,and am not having much success with my wollongong search. Does anyone out there know of any in the Sutherland Shire!! Will Travel!
    Also, does anyone know anything about NSW town of Cobar. The figures look great on paper but wondering if anyone knows what its really like?

Thanks everyone, Bedean

Profile photo of davidndavidn
    @davidn

Hi

I don’t know much about Cobar but just a thought. Maintenance costs on rental can make the deal unattractive. For example if something breaks you are at the mercy of local tradesman and in small towns like Cobar of ~5000 people. What do you do when the place needs painting etc etc or a tenant leaves and the place needs cleaning up.

If you can drive to the property you can fix it yourself.

I came across Beaconsfield in TAS. Pop 3500. Low prices high rents BUT like I say its a long way from Sydney if something happens and it needs some work.

I’d be interested to hear others experiences who own and rent a long way from where they live.

Regards
    David

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Howdy,

I’m from a farming family up Cobar way… apparently the mines are still going strong there, and there’s always demand for rentals.

I have a cousin who runs a pretty solid plumbing business there, apart from that, I haven’t been there for a long time.

Cheers
    JA

Profile photo of bedeanbedean
    Participant
    @bedean

Hi there,

Thanks for your input. We have a little experience with rentals a reasonable distance from home. We live at Wollongong and have had a place at Port Macquarie for a couple of years. We did initial reno ourselves and have used local tradesman for any other repairs. No worries!! We also have a place at Tamworth we bought this year.Same deal on reno’s, but local tradesman not interested when they know you are from out of town.{hence we won’t buy there again}. Both towns are fairly large regional centres, so I dont know how they would compare to somewhere like Cobar. Might have to take a trip out there and have a look!
    Cheers, Bedean

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

cobar ain’t quite the end of the earth, but you can see it from there

Profile photo of brainsbrains
    Participant
    @brains

Bedean,

If you have trouble getting local tradesman to do work , get your property manager to handle it, a lot less grief. Thats if you done self manage which is a bit hard from that far away.

By the way does anyone have a view on where in regional NSW would have the highest yield at the moment, excluding towns like Broken Hill. [:)]Thanks.

quote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your input. We have a little experience with rentals a reasonable distance from home. We live at Wollongong and have had a place at Port Macquarie for a couple of years. We did initial reno ourselves and have used local tradesman for any other repairs. No worries!! We also have a place at Tamworth we bought this year.Same deal on reno’s, but local tradesman not interested when they know you are from out of town.{hence we won’t buy there again}. Both towns are fairly large regional centres, so I dont know how they would compare to somewhere like Cobar. Might have to take a trip out there and have a look!
    Cheers, Bedean

Profile photo of HectareHectare
    @hectare

You are looking for a good accountant in Wollongong. I think the guys in Moneywise are excellent. Especially David McNeice. I have only used him once, and the other years have had to settle for one of his brilliant colleagues, as he has limited his client-base.

HOw to contact?

Moneywise Accounting
    82 Market St
    Wollongong 2500
    02 4226 1033

PO Box 994
    Wollongong NSW 2520

Craig

Profile photo of bedeanbedean
    Participant
    @bedean

quote:

You are looking for a good accountant in Wollongong. I think the guys in Moneywise are excellent. Especially David McNeice. I have only used him once, and the other years have had to settle for one of his brilliant colleagues, as he has limited his client-base.

HOw to contact?

Moneywise Accounting
    82 Market St
    Wollongong 2500
    02 4226 1033

PO Box 994
    Wollongong NSW 2520

Craig

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I will be ringing the guys at moneywise first thing in the morning!!

Bedean

Profile photo of TomJohnTomJohn
    @tomjohn

Hi, I live in Cobar, it has 3 major mines. Tradesmen are scarce, but Dalgety’s Real Estate can get work done for you and are great to work with.

thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘NSW town of Cobar + accountant’ is closed to new replies.