All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Will prices in Brisbane fall?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of stuart2stuart2
    @stuart2

Hi folks, New to this type of business. Prices have rocketed ahead in Brissie. Will they fall back after all this mayhem or what?[:)][:)]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

My only thought on this one Staurt is if you buy well and the property fits your goal, does it matter what the prices do ?

To ask if Brissie will fall or gain is also very ambiguos. Brisbane is a very big place. I listened to Michael Matusik speak a few weeks ago and his firm predicted that SEQld would see an average growth of 14% for the next few years. To me that is great but that also means some places do 1% and others 25%. An a average is just that. Sorry for the lack of a straight answer Stuart but where in Brisbane do you want to hear about ?

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of paulthemagnetpaulthemagnet
    @paulthemagnet

Hi Stuart,

Do you know will I win lotto tomorrow?

It is very hard to predict. Isn’t it?. I would say the same for the property market. I thought the prices were very high early last year but I was so wrong. It is all determined by state of the economy, interest rate, willing to invest, greed etc. But one thing for certain is the yield is very low. We are all banking on the growth.

It reminds me of good old days of dot com.

Ta, Paul

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hey paulthemagnet.
    What are your numbers??? (lotto, that is)
    Marty

Profile photo of paulthemagnetpaulthemagnet
    @paulthemagnet

Marty, don’t tell me you are a magician too? Paul

Profile photo of MiloMiloMiloMilo
    @milomilo

Stuart,

Brisbane and Gold Coast prices still have a long way to grow before they reach the low yields of Sydney properties.
    What I’m trying to say is that for example, my unit in Sydney is achieving around 4.1% return and house in Sydney 3.3%, while my unit in Southport(QLD) is returning 6% per year.
    Reports in July edition of Property Investor magazine reflect the same.

Just a thought

Milo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Will prices in Brisbane fall?’ is closed to new replies.