Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

I am interested to hear other investors goals, have you got them written down, where do they keep them, do you all re-read them throughout the day???

What are you all hoping to achieve?

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Willi,

I am written down my goals on the excel spreadsheet and update it every month depending on the circumstance arrive. Print it out and share it with someone close to you, discuss about it and make it realistic.

Everyday, doing somethings to achieve this goals. Ie. if I want 7 IPs in seven years then I plan it out like buy one every year. Learn as much as possible to how to buy 7 IPs……….

Chan$

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hey Willi. My goals re P/I are very simple. I intend on living off rents whilst still adding to my portfolio. Intend on selling my PPOR (in Sydney) and possibly/probably moving into one of my I/P’s (in Qld). Have mentioned this before on this forum. Hopefully this will all happen within the next 5 yrs.
    All the best
    Marty

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Me again Willi. Should have added, that although I have not physically written down my goals (tis a good idea though), I constantly talk about my goals to anyone who will listen and it is burning in my head that I can almost taste it.
    Marty

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

I should probably clear something up – I was not looking for advice more interested in others goals etc.

I have them written down, and placed
    – next to my bed
    – on the shower door, so I can read them out-loud in the shower
    – on the back of my cars sun visor so I can re-read them at traffic lights
    – and in my wallet

I am more interested in seeing what others hope to achieve as we can all then keep our eyes open for deals/ideas that could help each other…

Pete

Profile photo of HaroldHarold
    @harold

Just have fun, improve as a person, improve my freedom to do what I want, to be what I want

Profile photo of dnanz01dnanz01
    @dnanz01

Our goal is to have replaced our current “wages” by passive and portfolio income within 10 years so we don’t have to worry about where the next dollar is coming from.
    Although very new to investing, we have prepared a 10 year investment plan ourselves, setting out where we need to be and what we need to achieve realistically each year to achieve our dream.
    I have also done up an excel spreadsheet chart which is printed out to A3 and on our fridge of our month by month progress compared to where we should be to achieve our dream.
    Having said that, we are still trying to focus on enjoying life at the moment a little as well (ie holidays, cars, etc), while maintaining a firm grasp on our future destination.

Cheers

DNANZ [:D][:D]

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Here’s an idea I came across at one time in the past that kept me focussed on achieving a goal…

Say you have a goal with a reward at the end of it, eg. help one person on the forum every day for one month (I just made that up [;)] – can you tell?) and your reward when u achieve the goal will be to go out and buy Steve’s new book ($30 worth).

The twist is that if you don’t achieve your goal, you have to send the $30 to your worst enemy, or your boss perhaps (send them a cheque). Costs the same… which would you prefer happens?

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi Tas Investor

Very interesting idea. I like that.

Certainly changes the way you look at your goals doesn’t it????

All of a sudden the goals don’t seem so hard to achieve

Take care
    Dave [:)][:)]

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

My goal is to have the luxury to spend as much time as I want with my wife and kids (when my wife and I decide to have them).

Note the wording… as much time as “I” want!!! I say this on the basis that it is possible to tell the kids to go away when you have had enough. Is that possible?

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of JHJH
    @jh

My goal is to be a ski bum. Ski all over the world. Ultimate desitnation: Hokkaido and Alaska. Yes, telemark, backcountry, the wild stuff. When I don’t ski, I spend time with my gf/wife/kids or go to karaoke till 4am.

And my aim is really quite simple: Net $100K/year. Not that hard to achieve, I don’t think. Just starting out is not that easy… so to speak.

Once you have $100k/year, it’s probably not much more effort to make $200k/year. that’ll cover my wife’s side… that is if she can’t be bothered doing it herself.

The way I see it, owning X number of houses doens’t mean much if you don’t have a passion in life. Unless of course your passion is to own houses, which to me seems pretty sad.

Profile photo of CreminCremin
    Participant
    @cremin

My goal is to create a comfy lifestyle for my wife and I. Where we can choose if we want to go to work or not. Where we can pack up and travel around Aus or the world whenever we choose knowing that we are earning a thousand+ a week while kicking back on the beach in Fiji, while carving it up down the gear jammer in Canada, while hiking the garden route in SA.
    All the time reminiscing about how i used to work my arse off all week for a measley 500 bucks working for a complete t[:(!][xx(]sser!
    Yeah baby bring it on!![:D]

Here for a good time not a long time, just do it!.

Participant
    @willi

Great start guys!!!!

I am very impressed to hear all your goals etc…
    ‘Tas Investor’ – really like your idea, i am going to try and introduce that idea into my goals…

One thing however, I think some need more clarity is needed. Having a goal of ‘not working’ is fantastic but I feel they need more definition.

Seeing as though I am asking you all to give your goals I should give you mine, so…

– $1.5 Million in property by Aug 31 2004, throwing off $75 000 passive income
    – Sell 900 pieces of MCC Crested carpet by Nov 1 2003 (www.sportinglimitededitions.com – backgrough info)
    -Continually make Chrissie (my girlfreind) feel like the most loved girl in the world
    – Get back to NYC by Nov 30 2003 and Costa Rica in April 2004 (Chrissie lives in NYC currently)
    – Be the feature of a TV segement (achieved 2 weeks ago), Radio Segment (achieved last week and again 5 mins ago) and a newspaper article (should be achieved 2moro), by Nov 2003
    – Learn spanish by April 2004 (for Coast Rica)
    – Be flexible enough time and $$ wise to freely travel between Melb and NYC at will by Aug 31 2004

This is a brief outline of my goals, I have kept a few ‘secret’, but this the type of definition I am interested in..

Cheers

Pete

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I have only recently realised the power of writing down goals with a dead-line against them and the correlation of that simple act with actual success. It’s a well-documented fact!!

Sure, I had plans, I’ve certainly talked them through enough times, but have I written them down? no! Have I put a deadline against them? NO! That was my big mistake – I’ve found that if you *don’t* put a deadline down for yourself, the task tends to expand to fit the available time….so things take forever….

*off to write down goals with deadlines*

cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Participant
    @willi

Good Luck Mini….let us all know what you come up with…

Pete

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘GOALS !!!’ is closed to new replies.