Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dino61dino61
    @dino61

Anyone use the kits available for NSW, Qld and Victoria? Any experiences doing it yourselves?,
    Thanks,Dean

Profile photo of HaroldHarold
    @harold

Hey Dean

As an almost lawyer (final year law student), I did my own conveyancing using a Queensland kit about 18 months ago.

From my experience, I would recommend against. Sure, I saved a few $$ but my legal knowledge was of little use in a world of bureacratic crap and frustration.

It’s not difficult but it is stressful because the people you work with (beaurocrats, law clerks) are dumb and don’t care since they do their job every day of the year and have no interest in any transaction.

Maybe do it once to learn about the process but it’s not fun.

My advice would be to use a cheap “Conveyancing Works” type firm. You don’t need lawyers because its not difficult, but you don’t want to do it your self.

Profile photo of dino61dino61
    @dino61

Thanks for that, Ill keep it in mind,
    Cheers,Dean

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hi guys,
    I’m in the process of writing a DIY book on conveyancing for WA.

In my experience, you’re probably right, Harold. But I disagree – it’s actually quite easy if you approach it with the right frame of mind.

You need to accept that these people you deal with are mostly civil servants, and deal with them accordingly – courteously and persistently. It gets results, I tell you. It’s frustrating, yeah, when someone doesn’t bother to return your calls for a whole week, but when you expect that kind of behaviour from them, it’s not so bad.

Anyway, all I’m saying is that my experience shows that it can be done, and it’s not a bad experience.

Cheers
    M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘conveyancing’ is closed to new replies.