All Topics / The Treasure Chest / And the winner of the book title competition is…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

As the first copies of my upcoming book are soon to hit bookstores (indeed a few lucky attendees at the weekend seminar managed to walk away with a much sought after advance copy!), it’s time to reveal the title of my book.

A while back now I ran a competition on the forum looking for possible titles to match the subtitle to my book (which was ‘From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years’).

There were many good suggestions, as well as a few that were pretty silly. Nevertheless, I faithfully copied and pasted the lot for submission to my publisher for her review.

In the end though, and somewhat of an anti-climax, the marketing department at Wright Books decided that it would be better to just use the suggested subtitle as the actual title – that is, call the book ‘From 0 To 130 Properties in 3.5 Years’.

This has placed me in a bit of a pickle. I had promised to reward the winning title with an entire PropertyInvesting.com product suite – including the revised Wrap Library that’s due out shortly.

However, since there’s no ‘winner’ as such, what I’ve decided to do is award the prize to suggestion that would have been chosen but for Wright books changing their minds. And that winner is Andrew Deering for ‘From Life Sentence to Lifestyle’.

How to get a copy

If you’d like to obtain a copy then here are three suggestions for what to do:

1. Online: I have 1,000 copies in the office here in the office, but before I sell them I want to sort out the re-release of the site first. That way I can sort out the postage and handling issue once and for all. At this time this is expected to be finalised over the weekend. I am happy to sign copies sold from the site.

2. Bookstores: There should also be copies available in bookstores from the beginning of next week.

3. Book Launch: I am currently finalising the details of a formal book launch to be held at Borders in Chapel Street (Melbourne). I will be giving a 1/2 hr presentation and, best of all, it’s free to attend. The problem is that it is scheduled for mid-August. I will tell you more in the next newsletter which will be sent tomorrow.

OK – well, that’s about it from me. Anyone who purchased the book after the weekend, the restriction against talking about it on the forum is now over… please, what did you think?

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Congratulations Andrew,

That would have been a great title! (Bad luck)[:I].

Steve, the book so far is GREAT, so easy to read, but I’m only up to chapter 4. I’m looking forward to spending some time today sitting next to the fire and get stuck into it!!

It’s a winner![:D][:D]

Del

Profile photo of RSTARRRSTARR
    @rstarr

Hi Steve
    I am up to chapter 11, and so far it’s great! [:D]
    It caters for the newbie investor aswell as the advanced investor, the explanation of the positive vs negative is clear and well written. The diagrams are great too, especially when you have to explain the difference between positive & negative gearing to someone that has already taken the negative gearing path, these make it much easier.
    Also it is nice to know where you have come from. It gives readers a nice feeling to know that we all have to start somewhere and the sky is the limit!
    I cannot wait to read the rest of the book and put the information into use!
    Congratulations and I am sure it will be a best seller.
    [:)]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Congratulations Andrew! I thought your suggested title was excellent.
    Well Steve, now that you are an author, we hope the books keep coming. We know how hard you worked on the book. Congratulations on acheiving your goal! WEll DONE !!! [:)]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Well I’ll be. The truth behind the name comes from what Steve has taught and shown me. Also the amount I have learned from this forum over it’s brief bu thectic life. It is a true name for me. I know that in the not to distant future this name will have even more application to my life. Thanks to the lads at PI.com.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of BeckyGordonBeckyGordon
    Participant
    @beckygordon

Hi Steve,

So far so good, very easy to read especially if you are a newbie. I love all the Steve’s investing Tips [:P]

Good Luck with the Book Launch, we’ll keep our eyes out for the date.

Congratulations Andrew [:)]

See ya
    Becky

Invest in People for a Prosperous Future!

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

re; book title “‘From Life Sentence to Lifestyle'”

I can sort of understand the publishers view here. Compared to the ” 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years ” , the first title seems a little ambiguous at a glance. The second title, although a little cumbersome in expression, seems to more evidently convey the subject matter in the main heading, which I suspect they thought is the most eye capturing.

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

Well, I attended the seminar Sat (which was sensational, as usual). I picked up the book, and finished it in 3 days! Such an easy and informative read. Its a great ‘get the toes wet’ style book, I found it very reinforcing in that most of the issues I have heard before, but being told the info in a new format was really refreshing.

I had a huge AHAH moment in Chapter 17 Planning for Success – the best chapter I have ever read in ANY book for ages.

Well done Steve…

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of NessieNessie
    @nessie

Hi all

Congratulations Andrew. Terrific Title. Perhaps Steve can use it for his next book !! [;)]

Cheers
    Nessie

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram

Hi Steve.

The books for sale from this site….will they be listed on the ‘Resources’ section?

I haven’t been able to find it in a bookstore up here in Darwin yet.[:(]

Thanks

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Re: the book in bookstores.

The publisher did an initial print run of 7,000, of which 3,500 have been sold and I have a further 1,000 here in the office.

My guess is that until the publicity really hots up and word of mouth gets out there… it may be a little difficult getting a copy.

I hope to have it uploaded into the resources section by Monday 9am. Actually, I am planning to have the whole redesigned site (in php) + the new forums all go live some time on the weekend, but this is largely out of my control.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi Steve

Just starting chapter 9. Was great reading at the airport and on the way home on the plane. Kept looking over my shoulder just in case someone was about to ask me “how did you get that??”

Managed to get the book home safely without being spotted.

Excellent reading so far. Well done!!!

Andrew, congratulations on your success.

Looking forward to meeting up again with you soon

Take care
    Dave [:)][:)]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Steve
    What us forumites in New Zealand getting a copy?

Regards

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Muppet,

I’m sure Steve would be happy to post you a copy. However it might be easier to ask a local and large book store if they can order it for you, as they are being released in NZ.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘And the winner of the book title competition is…’ is closed to new replies.