All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Can anyone do better than 20% deposit in NZ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi all[:)]
    I am going over to NZ to get some PI and would like to do better than 20%[:P]
    I have a good deal with my bank manager here, so 20% is a shock to me.[:(]
    ALSO, what is the best way to get money across to NZ.[?]
    Is there any thing in particlur than is different to NZ PI, ie with here we have white ants
    thanks to all
    this forum has been a great for my enthusiasm for PI, as I live in the country with only one friend interested in PI
    thanks[:D][8D]

Profile photo of davo70davo70
    @davo70

recoveryman. When you say better than 20% deposit I assume you mean that because you are buying overseas that you need 20% plus costs? This is becuase mortgage insurers will not mortgage insure a property located in an overseas market.

You may approach HSBC as they are an overseas bank located in Australia. I am not 100% on thier overseas policy but NZ is one of their favourites.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

quote:

recoveryman. When you say better than 20% deposit I assume you mean that because you are buying overseas that you need 20% plus costs? This is becuase mortgage insurers will not mortgage insure a property located in an overseas market.

You may approach HSBC as they are an overseas bank located in Australia. I am not 100% on thier overseas policy but NZ is one of their favourites.

Hope this helps.

Thanks davo70
    I looking for better than 20% i.e 10% only
    might be a bit hard, will have to do with 20% plus cost
    thanks for your reply
    recoveryman

Profile photo of tamaratamara
    @tamara

I have read on a mortgage brokers site that some non resident buyers are eligible for a less than 20% deposit. Unfortunately I cant remember where I read it. It did go on to say that very few people were eligible for it.

I assumed that the exemption worked in the same way as in Australia…..must be earning a large 6 figure income.

I understand that it is not banks that have put the 20% cap on, but the mortgage insurance companies which wont insure you

Tamara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone do better than 20% deposit in NZ?’ is closed to new replies.