All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Brisbane PPOR & 1st investment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

Hi everyone,

I moved to Brisbane about 4 months ago and was looking to buy some property and started some research part of that being reading this forum for about 2 months. I recently bought Steve’s fastrack tape and found it to be very interesting.

My position is basically that I have a well paid permanent job I am mid 20’s and have about 20K saved. I would like to buy a PPOR and am eligible for the FHOG, I would also like to buy a positive cashflow property, and a few more in the next couple of years (maybe with a trust?).

I am currently a bit disillusioned with the Brisbane market for a PPOR I would like to have a house near the city (within 10km radius preferably northside) but I think if I spend to much I wont have enough additional income to expand on other investments. For an investment property I am looking further up the sunshine coast as I think there may be some better CG at lower prices there at the moment.

I would be interested in the thoughts of people in this forum as to what other options may be open to me that I have not occurred to this new player.

Any feedback is appreciated, reading this forum has already been wonderful in making me look at doing things differently.

Regards,
    McDeyess [?]

Profile photo of BradleyBradley
    Participant
    @bradley

I am in a similar position except that I purchased my ppor in Brisbane about a year ago and am now ready to buy my first investment property. The ppor has been revalued with a healthy 50k gain and I am looking at different areas for investment.
    Some areas of Ipswich give great rental returns with a decent growth prospect over the long term, that is where I have been focusing on recently. Does anyone else have suggestion on the general area to look at for a low (below 150k) priced investment.

Thanks.
    Brad.

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

Firstly Bradely – have you had a look at Toowoomba or I hear Oakey (west of Toowoomba)is starting to go. They just have a new army or airforce contract in the place. Rentals are far and few in between. Investment properties – Prices average 70k. Investor’s are starting to move in. One bought ten properties their just last week. Whether this is your type or not, I don’t know

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brisbane PPOR & 1st investment’ is closed to new replies.