All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Market going Higher?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi all
    there has been a lot of discussion of late about the direction of the market. the media has been heralding a collapse for 2 years, hope no one here took their advice and sold 2 years ago. My personal thoughts are that the market wouldn’t head backwards, but as the market keeps getting higher i am now questioning this. Anyway lets put up a new question – what factors might keep the market running?
    i’ll start
    a drop in interest rates, i believe that this is still quite possible.
    westan

Stawell Vic.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

– maybe, people pulling money out of other sorts of investments not performing at the moment, and into property?

and what about rumours that the FHOG might be being phased out making FH buyers rush to take advatage of it? Could be one of the reasons for the fewer entry-level (meaning, cheap!) properties out there these days?

having heard that others made vast fortunes on capital gain, people want some of that?

the superannuation thing isn’t happening, and the trend is to start planning to support yourself later, cause the gov’t ain’t gonna be able to afford to?

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

There is one reason I think the market still keep running and it is the taxi driver tell you how to invest in negative gearing property.

Chandara

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi guys
    The Reserve Bank in NZ has just cut its interest rates to 5%. A drop of 0.25%. The five big banks have increased there fixed mortgage rates by about 0.25% this week. However there is an expectation that floating rates will drop.
    All of this is good news for homeowners.
    I expect prices in NZ to continue increasing.
    Remember people have/want to live somewhere therefore they will have to pay the price.

Regards

Profile photo of JoffJoff
    @joff

Hi all,
    Certain areas or segments of the ip market have driven a disproportinate amount of the upward trends,namely high rise apartments,inner city houses and coastal properties.These are the areas that i think will suffer from any major shake out.That leaves a whole lot of areas left.Of these,not all have had the spectacular gains, and I believe the well researched and educated investor will continue to do well as they identify the next “up and coming areas”.
    Joff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Market going Higher?’ is closed to new replies.