Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of sushi03sushi03
    @sushi03

Hi All,,

Was wondering if anyone had heard of this as well.
    A fwe months ago i heard/read somewhere that if you had owned a house before it was still possible to recieve the first home buyers grant if something had happened to the house and no money was made from the house(maybe burnt down with no insurance, or something else).

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting the grant even tho they had previously owned a house???

Responses would be much appreciated

Regards
    Alex [8D]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

sorry alex
    never heard of that one.
    as far as i know if you owned a home or part owned a home you are ineligable to get FHOG.
    regards westan

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

As long as you had any ownership interest in a residential property before, you automatically become ineligible.

But you could still inquire at the relevant State Revenue office to see if your particular circumstances are okay. There’s nothing wrong with making an application anyway, as long as you fully disclose these facts.

If you fail to disclose these things, you could be up for a hefty fine and criminal prosecution.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi sushi03

You might be thinking of this

quote:

My former partner owned our house and now I want to buy a home myself. Am I eligible? Back to top
    Yes, provided the Commissioner of State Revenue is satisfied that you and your former partner are not living together and do not intend to resume living together and you meet all the other conditions.

Its from the State Revenue Office Victoria Website, more info can be found at http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsite.nsf/rebates_fhog_FAQ.htm?OpenPage&charset=iso-8859-1#14.

Hope this helps, there isn’t many ways around the SRO so take the time to give them a call as I am sure they will be happy to help.

Cheers & Good Luck
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FHOG’ is closed to new replies.