All Topics / The Treasure Chest / SMSF mixed advise

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of GlaucoGlauco
    @glauco

[?]Hi,
    I’m new to the super deal and i am recieving mixed advise from my accontant ect, my questions are can I use my SMSF to purchase Land only, Land with dwelling or strata style units ect. Is it OK to add split funds say $20,000 SMSF & 20,000 banks money.I know I can’t borrow against the super fund but can put in funds from a personel loan.
    Can anyone help, Ive heard the tapes, discust with accountants ect and Im still confused.
    All advise welcome. Thanks Glauco & Brineen

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram
    Profile photo of JohnBoy2JohnBoy2
    @johnboy2

SMSF – Self Managed Super Fund…?

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram
    Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

check out the super website – your accountant will know what it is – and read and interpret for yourself – don’t rely on accountant. Once you have read and interpreted, then ring the super hotline and get them to confirm your interpretation – IN WRITING – IF YOU MAKE ANY MISTAKES, YOU WILL PAY THE PENALTY -the SMSF will return to normal tax rates, and you will be liable for a fine.
    SMSF can buy vacant land – but it must fit with an investment criteria – ie to make your super funds grow. You can do a joint venture with other parties, but you must make sure there is no lending against the property – at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SMSF mixed advise’ is closed to new replies.