All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Floor Plan Modifications seeking comments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Floor Plan Contingency Mods ( with fixed URLS [:D] )

The property is actually brand new. its more a contingency strategy as its currently a 1 bed, plus study with walk in robe, that I may want to convert to a 2 bedder with ensuite

Not sure about the construction, I’m fishing for ideas and costing exstimates. I guess it depends on the original construction and how easy it is to modify. My walk in robe is adjacent to the bathroom anyway, so i figure it would be less hassle to convert to a small ensuite.

My current plan
    http://clients.net2000.com.au/~lmagic/brissyrentals/before.gif

My Contingent plan

http://clients.net2000.com.au/~lmagic/brissyrentals/after.gif

Both plans on same page
    http://clients.net2000.com.au/~lmagic/brissyrentals/bothplans.gif

My main concern is the light problem or lack of it as this apartment has no windows except that what opens the balcony.

comments welcome [8]

Profile photo of KuRCe.KuRCe.
    @kurce.

Obviously the idea of converting it to a 2 bedder is a great one. The only fix to the lighting problem is to place a window through to the balcony from the main bed and single bed you may even consider placing some bi-fold doors from the main bed to the balcony.

I have an issue with the overall plan though. Do you think it is necessary to have an ensuite in a 2 bed apartment. Especially when the bathroom is located on the main bedroom wall. I beleive a better soultion would be to provide access to the bathroom from the main bedroom either through the WIR wall (thus keeping the WIR)or indeed extending the bathroom into the WIR and increasing the size of it. You may then be able to install a bath or spa if you dont already have one in the extra space achieved.

Or if you are able to access the bathroom through the wall that adjoins the main bedroom i would probably do this and keep the WIR so as to maximise living space and removing the Master Robe.

You have probably mulled all this over but it’s probably what I would do based on the plans. Of course not knowing dimensions this may not work.

Cheers.

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

KuRCe, thanks for your consideration. I am keen to read all thoughts on the matter. I have not made any plans yet. I’m hooked up with a tenant for $235 / week but it cost me $229K plus purchase costs taking the loan to around $238K

I guess primarily the no 1. fix would be the 2nd bedroom / study relocation, so I could bump up the rent to say $270 / week. Not sure how much this would cost. I’m guessing around $5K, though it depends on the construction. slab could cost more I guess. Thus it could take a couple of years to pay itself off and a bit longer if we have to do something with the lighting such as adding the master bedroom windows or door windows you suggested.

cheers,
    David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Floor Plan Modifications seeking comments’ is closed to new replies.