All Topics / The Treasure Chest / A CURRENT AFFAIR

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi everyone,

I think there is to be a segment on A Current Affair tonight about RENOVATING.

Geoff Doidge & Paul Eslick are to be on.

PS.. Please don’t yell at me if its not tonight.[:I]

Enjoy,[^]

Will & Del

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi all,

Is everyone watching the special on renovating on “A Current Affair” this week?

Tonight (Wednesday) Geoff Doidge & Paul Eslick are talking about how to finance your real estate empire.

Bye,

Del

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Hi Del

It would be great if you could summarise any key points that they make for those of us that return from work after ACA. Is this asking too much? [:)]

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

I missed the episode, but you will be able to get the transcript here
    http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/stories/1435.asp

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

@stuart-wemyss

Thanks. But some key points from an investor’s view point would be useful because it eliminates that ACA hype!

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News

@wilandel

Hi Stu,

Yes, it was a bit “overdone” I felt.

A lot of gloss and glamour, but basically the main points, (as I saw it) were:

1. Use I/O loans – To benefit tax wise, don’t pay off principal. Let the capital gain kick in.

2. Use a Mortgage Broker – Usually approval within 24 hours.

3. Spread loans – it’s wise to spread investment loans over a number of financial institutions. No such thing as “bank loyalty” anymore.

4. Use capital gain from 1st property to finance the next so on…

I guess if anyone wants any more depth you can go to their seminar…..(I did go in Feb and as a beginner, I did learn a lot, but the best thing from them that I found, was a web link to http://www.propertyinvesting.com, and now you can’t get rid of me!!![;)]

Bye for now,

Del

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi Del

I’m very happy to hear that…..can’t say I’ll be going anywhere in a hurry either!!!!

IMHO their section at Steve’s APIM seminar was hyped up too much for my liking……

Take care
    Dave [:)]

@wilandel

Thanks Dave,

They are very entertaining though, but for my money, I want to know the “nuts & bolts” of how to do it – step by step, and I must say, Steve McKnight is the guru for me![8D] – (and a nice guy too)!! Don’t tell him though…

See you in the bar at 8.30pm for drinks (I mean SOFTDRINKS).

Del

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Del

Long time no chat too[:P].

I watched that show tonight and gather there has been a series all week, am I right?

Like most ACA and Today Tonight programs there is little substance, BUT like you there episode back in Feb about the reno queens is what led me to PI.com so from that point of view I see it bringing a lot of newbies to the forum that can start on the steep learning curve that we have gone along.

BTW, did anyone get the details of how to enter the competition for the Paul & Geoff seminar.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

I too saw the ACA thing. I’ve never tried a full reno job like these guys are suggesting but I feel that you have to have a “bit of a feel” for the reno scenario and I’m hopeless with things like that so I think I would get ripped off by tradesmen so it’s not for me but in saying that, there seems to be quite a few people doing reno’s and selling for a profit or “creating” capital growth, so good luck to them. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Marty

Profile photo of mothermother
    @mother

Dear ENJOLady and Others

My husband and I saw the Programe last night (16/7/02), to enter the compitition you had to ring a number and tell them what your dream renovation would be. Sorry I didn’t catch the number but it is on again tonight.

Last night they had some good tips for keeping to a budget, most of it was common sense though, like buying cheaper things like doors and light fittings instead of the most expensive ones.
    They said don’t ever throw anything away eg. weatherboards etc, and instead of putting in new things eg. stoves and sinks etc, get second hand ones or ones you have taken from other houses.

Hope this gives abasic out line of what was on, but we did miss some.

Cheers Lee-Ann

Profile photo of babsbabs
    Participant
    @babs

Lee anne if you go to the ninemsn then to aca you’ll find the story plus the competition
    Good luck!

@stuart-wemyss

Thanks for the summary Del.

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A CURRENT AFFAIR’ is closed to new replies.