All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Abundance Theory… Gold Star to Barb (Mini Mogul)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hi All

Gold star goes out to Barb (Mini Mogul) with her 100% self-less attitude and mindset of abundance.ie openly revealing where she is buying property BEFORE she has set herself up financially.

Unfortunately, I believe the ‘majority’ of forumites would never reveal where they are buying even if put before a firing squad.

Harsh perhaps.. but all the same true.

Barb, you have nothing but good karma coming your way.

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

G’day David,

Just curious to know why you think it is “unfortunate” that the “majority” of people don’t reveal where they are buying. My question to you is A: Why should they if they don’t want to? and B: Why criticise if they don’t?

I’ve been happy to help out with Rockhampton since I bought there recently, but I didn’t say too much about it until I had the deals stitched up.

I am just wondering why you think it would be a great thing for people to be saying “I’m buying in (insert name) now”… as I’ve said in another post, I have found all this PI biz to be much more fulfilling and interesting when I’ve done the research myself and discovered regions on my own. As you well know, there are a lot of people who seek easy answers and shortcuts, and they are worse off in the long run… at least that’s what I reckon!

Cheers mate, have a good one…
    R

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hi Richmond

I think you misread my post.

I’m not in the slightest bit interested in where other people are purchasing nor am I advocating that anyone should reveal this. I personally am ‘savvy’ enough to farm out new areas; it’s not THAT difficult. So in essence, what I say is not a criticism, but merely an observation.

What I am saying, however is that I DO believe in universal laws and one of them is abundance. I truly do believe that there is more than enough for us all to go around several times.

Human nature however, it appears is dictated by self-preservation and fear.

I did notice that you were kind enough to help people out, so it appears that you have the same beliefs (abundance) as myself.

I read with interest a post last week where many people stated they believed in abundance… whether that’s true or not, only these people know, but what I am saying is that people like Barb and yourself have clearly demonstrated in my mind (for what it’s worth) that not only do you talk abundance, but you walk abundance as well.

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Here here!

I think that Mini Mogul rocks – and even better, I remember the day when the ‘lights went on’!

…and David, even though I don’t personally agree with some of the things you say (not that that has to matter for much [;)]), I greatly value your input into this forum and your honest opinion.

Any community woth being a part of needs different people with different opinions!

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

yep fair enough David, taken on board… for what it’s worth I also believe in the theory “what goes around comes around”…

“self preservation and fear” – mate I think that is an apt description of many of the people I work with in the media… heh heh

have a good one
    r

@davidu

Steve

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

After all it was you who said “success comes from doing things differently”

Richmond… I hear you mate… Being an ex-Fairfax employee myself..

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey all,
    David, don’t know if you have met Mini but she is truly a great girl. Always free with time and help and a truly wonderful person. She deserves the praise.

On the other note. I myself don’t “tell” people where I invest for two reasons.

1. I believe in the fish principle….you know the one. Give a man a fish he eats for a day…..teach a man to fish he feeds himself forever.

2. I also worry that where I am investing is not the best place for other people to invest. Unfortunately inmy early investing days I had friends look where I go because I went there. Whether it is what they want or not. Whether they understand the dynamics of the place or not. So as a rule now I play my cards close to my chest. If someone came out and asked me I would tell them but as a general rule I keep it quiet so I can’t lead others astray. I figure my risk profile is something I am comfortable with but others may not be.

Hope this makes sense.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

@davidu

Hi AD

Haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Barb, but we have chatted. I agree with what you have said.

I just wanted to clarify that my post (if you between the lines)actually had little to do with property locations but EVERYTHING to do with the human spirit and the ability to give freely without any expectations.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi all,
    gee, am overwhelmed, thanks for all props,
    as usual your comments have got me thinking.

About this abundance mind-set thing….

> openly revealing where she is buying property BEFORE
    > she has set herself up financially

actually,

it was not without being barraged behind the scenes with challenges from well-meaning but loved ones to the tune of

(fear/lack/more for meeeeee and less for you/there’s not enough to go round and I’m guarding what’s mine very carefully indeed)

‘why are you telling them the names of the towns where you are investing? you’re crazy! don’t tell them until after you’ve got all the properties you want. let them find their own deals. they’re leveraging off *you*.’

yeah. so what? we’re all leveraging off eachother’s knowledge, that’s what any decent forum is about. that’s what’s drawing the crowd here. If no-one gave, no one would be here! If someone asked a ‘advice in my situation please????’ question and got no replies, then it would be dead round here.. the contributions of everyone make this forum one of the few ‘online communities’ that actually feels like one. If this is a macrocosm of society, we’re in good shape.!

hey you know what -? I never dreamed my name-checking of towns would actually make anyone go and buy there …… but it turns out it did. I got quite a few emails and phone-calls for a good couple of weeks by people here on the forum that wanted to know where, how, and everything else. i told them anything they wanted to know. my lawyer’s doing well out of it, heehee

back to abundance….I test it by asking:

which is the best outcome for all? (not just me?)

what about Steve and Dave when they decided to teach the world (if anyone in the world wants to learn) how to be a property investor? Abundant to the max!!
    Fear/lack would have been ‘the less people that know how to do it, the better – and all the more deals for us!!! why should we teach others? we’d be mad! The more people stuck in debt and ignorance, the more broke people, the better we’ll do!!!’

Imagine! We wouldn’t have them as our teachers if that is how they thought.

Abundance thinking is that no matter how many investors there are that enter the market, there will still – and always – be enough deals to go round. Sure- the types of deals will change – there will always be a herd that goes in one direction (people like to do what other people are doing – much harder to go out on a limb!) – causing the sophisticated investor to always have to be ahead of the herd, or in some way, counter-cyclical. There won’t always be bargains where they are right now – one area suddenly becomes ‘hot’ and then the bargains are found somewhere else. Property in general is hot at the moment because the world situation is making the sharemarket jumpy. but that’ll change too, somehow, sometime. Maybe it’s changing right now.

> Unfortunately, I believe the ‘majority’ of forumites would never reveal where
    > they are buying even if put before a firing squad.

i think that is somewhat true (certainly my loved ones wouldn’t , just like they didn’t think I should –
    they would say ‘why should you/we?’

but i would say ‘why shouldn’t I?’, if i’m a fast typer and i can be bothered? and if it’s fun?

> I’ve been happy to help out with Rockhampton since I bought there recently,
    > but I didn’t say too much about it until I had the deals stitched up.
    Let’s say you caused a stampede by name-checking Rocky causing your property price to go up. Abundant because good outcome for all. Hey – is abundant a kind of synonym for win-win? hehe!

> I am just wondering why you think it would be a great thing for people to be
    > saying “I’m buying in (insert name) now”… as I’ve said in another post, I
    > have found all this PI biz to be much more fulfilling and interesting when
    > I’ve done the research myself and discovered regions on my own.

Absolutely. the whole point of investing yourself instead of handing your bucks over to some fund manager to lose for you is that you are taking control. Of course you’d have to find your own deals, even if you had been pointed to some so-called sure-fire area.
    >As you well
    > know, there are a lot of people who seek easy answers and shortcuts, and they
    > are worse off in the long run… at least that’s what I reckon!
    Yeah – the ‘buy off the plan Cannes beach resort’ types who heard it’s the thing to do but don’t really know why, get sucked
    in on someone else’s massaged calculations and then come here and hear what people have to say about what they thought were good deals and freak out!! heheh…Not that I am saying that buying off the plan is not good – provided you have done the numbers yourself and *know* it is!!!!

> nor am I advocating that anyone should reveal this.
    I only revealed it because people were asking where i got those deals cause they couldn’t find any. I felt a bit like – if I didn’t show them there were hundreds more deals just like them out there, they probably wouldn’t believe me! (and in abundance!!!) The first time I mentioned it is on a thread where someone was talking about returns being really good if you rented to a brothel. (!!!) I said ‘man you can get good clean returns better than that’ then they called me on it, so I felt I *had* to tell ’em!

Don’t forget that the reason there were cheap bargains where I found them is cause nobody was buying there. if everyone starts buying there, there will be demand, houses won’t sit on the market for years like they have done, i.e. the market will change. and the bargains will be elsewhere (i.e. in the next place where everyone isn’t buying – yet!!!!)

hey; also, I noticed that in a lot of areas in NZ, the median price slumps down over winter and rises in summer. Almost like a mini-sharemarket peak, albeit a more predictable one.
    there were a few areas that were exceptions. All this data was on realenz by the way.

> What I am saying, however is that I DO believe in universal laws and one of
    > them is abundance. I truly do believe that there is more than enough for us
    > all to go around several times.
    yes, yes, and yes. So can we all be property investors, everyone in the world? theoretically? hmmm…philosophy….
    and maths….
    OK, let’s say everyone in the world was given 100K tomorrow, and as many free seminars as they wanted on investing or growing the money in some way, to provide them an income forever. how many would do it? i think that it would still be only a tiny percent. the rest would just blow it on whatever. That’s why abundantly giving information (on property investing or wealth-creation) may – long-term – cause the wealth of the world to be more evenly distributed. Not like the 5 percent with 95 percent of the wealth thing we have right now. And that does not mean communist – i read that scandinavia and germany are the most evenly distributed economies in the world at the moment, interesting huh.

> 2. I also worry that where I am investing is not the best place for other
    > people to invest. Unfortunately inmy early investing days I had friends look
    > where I go because I went there. Whether it is what they want or not. Whether
    > they understand the dynamics of the place or not. So as a rule now I play my
    > cards close to my chest. If someone came out and asked me I would tell them
    > but as a general rule I keep it quiet so I can’t lead others astray. I figure
    > my risk profile is something I am comfortable with but others may not be.

Yeah i agree. I don’t know if I would have had to confidence to invest there if I hadn’t been there. (i had. I knew the towns.)

people who are asking me where these high yields were, were also are asking what capital gain they could expect there? – (!!!! you want it all, from the one property!!) The town is so small it doesn’t even have enough data to register on the monthly list in Kiwi Property Investor magazine! Also, a lot of people wouldn’t dream of investing in a town with only 3,500 people.

i would though….
    seeing as I can’t afford Waiheke Island yet….

(ooops…..DOH!! I inadvertently name-checked THE absolute HOT capital gain spot in NZ. now form an orderly queue and don’t push, OK?????????

….(go to realenz, type in ‘auckland’ then select ‘auckland city’ and then select ‘gulf islands’. waiheke is an hour in a ferry from Auckland and drop dead gorgeous/divine/cute/lovely/buzzing. Has electricity, schools, regular ferries, etc. Apartments and resorts are starting to go in there.

Great Barrier Island is also fa-a-a-abulous, but 4 hours in a ferry from downtown Auckland, popular to have a property with an airplane landing strip! and fly there for weekends. Super-unspoilt. it’s kind of the northern tip of the Coromandel Peninsula, if you can imagine, that the middle got sunk. And a lot more affordable than Waiheke. OoOh, I saw 50 acres on great barrier the other night (cheap!!!!) that I wish I had the $$$ to snap up and hold onto in a negative-gearing kinda way. So someone with an abundance of cash could grab it……

there’s actually a whole island for sale, forget where, but do a google search for ‘waiheke real estate’ – there are only four agents and it’s on one of the pages.

byeeeeee
    mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Firsty, I agree, Mini rocks!!! Her contributions to the forum are enjoyable and well worth reading. [8D] If the world was full of people like Mini, it would be a wonderful world to live in. [^]
    I have to agree with Andrew (AD’s) especially his 2nd point. There’s a huge responsibility annexed to investing. If it’s your money, you only have yourself to blame if something happens, but telling others and not knowing their circumstances, well, I wouldn’t want it on my head if someone went belly up on my account!
    If someone asks me, I will tell them and many of you from the forum already know where I’ve invested, but would I recommend buying where I have bought? NO, I wouldn’t, not at this time. Market is going sideways here. Maybe it’s due to the end of the financial year and it will pick up. Anyone got a crystal ball? [:D]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Abundance Theory… Gold Star to Barb (Mini Mogul)’ is closed to new replies.