All Topics / The Treasure Chest / insurance in rocky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Howdy,

Just working out insurance for my recent purchases in rockhampton…

prop 1. 56k, 3br
    prop 2. 66k, 3br
    prop 3. 84k, 3br
    prop 4. 105k, 4br

Not sure how much to insure them for… because replacing them should anything happen will cost a lot more than I paid for them when you take into account removal of debris etc etc. What has the experience of others been like? I’ll be going through Westpac.

Cheers
    R

Profile photo of BettyBlockbusterBettyBlockbuster
    Participant
    @bettyblockbuster

Hi R

I recently upgraded my insurance cover (I’m with AAMI). It was in consultation with AAMI. They have a proforma guide re this.

Cheers
    BB

Profile photo of vik_famvik_fam
    @vik_fam

Hi all,

Having worked in insurance this topic makes me feel a bit worried. Please, never take advice from a consultant over the phone as to what your sum insured will be. They can’t see the property and are working on VERY broad averages.

Best thing is to get a builder to quote you on building a property to the same size and similar materials.

With regard to removal of rubble, the company I worked for cover this and many other things (like loss of rent, temporary income, builders costs, legal fees etc.) on top of your sum insured. Check the fine print and don’t pay for anything you don’t need. If in doubt, get the conultant to quote to you EXACTLY what is covered within the sum insured and what is not. Clearly define what is building and what is contents (sometimes you would be surprised).

Hope this helps,
    Victoria

Reason can answer questions,but imagination has to ask them. — Ralph Gerard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘insurance in rocky’ is closed to new replies.