All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Property, Stocks and Global Stability

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

I think the stock market may take off in the next 12 months dragging some cash out of property. Aussie dollar is high against the US dollar and in 12 months interest rates may start to rise. US Stocks are fairly much at the low end. Good buying time for Aussies into the US Stock Market. Make a profit 100% in 12 to 18 months time perhaps or sell them when the aussie dollar falls again in our monetary down cycle. This may help to have a cooling effect on property in 6 months time. I think Melb and Syd could be hit the hardest as their growth cycle has already slowed significantly.

Clearly many aspects to demand in the property market. Renters, Speculative Investors, Home Buyers, interstate migration flows etc…

I think much may depend on IRAQ and North Korea situations in terms of perception of global stability ad security. I mean the way things are looking, we may get dragged into a nuclear war. Now we unlike the Yanks don’t have anti missile missile systems in place, limited in capability though they are, we have absolutely no defence against them. It’s a worry to me. If you think Sept 11 was surreal, wait till some country gets nuked, then pinch yourself, no better prod yourself with a hot iron. [:O]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hey Hwd007,

You have such a way with words!![:O][:O]

Yes it is worrying though.

Del

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hang on, we’re being told that Iraq having WMD’s has now been revealed as a pack of lies… and all of a sudden we’re supposed to believe Nth Korea has nuclear capabilities? I’ve heard interviews with international relations experts who have basically said Nth Korea doesn’t have the capability to launch nukes… and their longest range (nuke-free) missiles might reach Japan at a stretch. Of course, little Johnny will tell us otherwise when the time suits, and that we can expect missiles lobbing into Sydney Harbour any day now… perhaps they might hit some of those children who were allegedly thrown overboard… as long as it props up whatever his agenda happens to be at the time… hmmm, perhaps I’m just a little cynical about the whole thing… I work in the media and see how things get presented… it’s frightening how easy it is to influence the public’s perception with words and pictures… anyway, this type of stuff from me belongs on another forum… nighty night.
    r

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Thanx Del, at times I do try. Indeed lets just hope its largely a figment of our imaginations. Richmond I see your point and in part tend to agree. The world can be quite unpredictable sometimes and advice from experts, well we all know where that leaves us at times. Best of luck in property. May it reign surpreme, for now at least.

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Hey, Hollywood?
    Is your glass always 1/2 empty? Richo is right – my son has just completed an HSC assessment based on exactly this subject – of how the media can influence public perceptions.
    So, you might also like to note that today Mahatir of Malaysian infamy,[:O] has come out to say that Muslims have made their own problems, and must also fix them – by following their beliefs – which do not include international terrorism.
    So there is hope after all. [;)]
    Live for the day.[^]
    Maybe this discussion does belong elsewhere, but it’s nice to know we are not all self obsessed.[:)]

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Hmm I think we should try to focus on property and related matters and not political or social commentary here. I probably should have confined the subject heading to property and stocks, but one cant aviod matters of global stability and its influence on such markets. That said, please try to stay on topic, to aviod branching down a new discussion path, possibly not for this forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Property, Stocks and Global Stability’ is closed to new replies.