All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Cairns? An Opportunity or a MIRAGE!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of tankbusterboytankbusterboy
    @tankbusterboy

Forum,
    This has been bothering me for a while!

Everyone says “Look how cheap Cairns is” but I’m a little warried. If it was this *WOW* factor that gets people in, it nilly consumed me.

After doing research for the past 2 weeks, specifically on QLD properties including Cairns, Gold Coast and Brisbane, Cairns did seem a great opportunity……but is it?

Yes you can buy a 1br unit for less than 60K and rent it out for approx. 100 a week…..but I have my resevations. If it was such an opportunity, why isn’t everyone flocking to it??

A MIRAGE or just a first time investor questioning the unquestionable?

Profile photo of tankbusterboytankbusterboy
    @tankbusterboy
    Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

In the absence of another answer…I would say an opportunity. But perhaps stay away from the new developments.

quote:

Yes you can buy a 1br unit for less than 60K and rent it out for approx. 100 a week…..

What more do you want?

Try no to over analyse.

By the way, if it’s truly a good area then perhaps people on this forum may not want to say this publicly because they don’t want every Tom, Dick and Harry competing in their market. Maybe I’m wrong…

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

[:)]
    Checkout the comments at topic “Cronulla or Cairns” – this page

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

A lot of marketers (eg Cameron Bird) have been selling the fact that Virgin Blue and Qantas are providing many flights to Cairns now, and many flights come in from Asia (for tourists, weddings etc…) its the new Gold Coast.

I am a diver, and imagine having a property up there one day so that I can fly up for 2 days to inspect it (and get in 1-2 dives at the same time on the Barrier Reef) – all tax deductible. (yes I realise I would not be able to take a week up there and claim it all) [:X]

But on the other hand, my flatmate just spent 2 weeks up there and she says it is a stinkhole – so make sure you take a look yourself before investing!

Cheers.

Profile photo of Diamond2Diamond2
    @diamond2

Hi,
    Just thought i`d add my 2 bobs worth on the cairns debate. We bought up there 2 years ago & it has been really succesful. Lucky to get a duplex in Kewarra Beach.The northern beaches out of cairns city are really quite nice , but i do know that it is harder now to get these types of properties due to capital growth, however it is not impossible. My advice to you is spend 3-4 days looking around up there & inspect as many different + c/f properties as possible. We spent 3 days solid looking at anything + c/f.Ring R/estate agents 1 month before going up & line them up for the inspections.Hope this helps.
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cairns? An Opportunity or a MIRAGE!’ is closed to new replies.