All Topics / The Treasure Chest / building inspection report has come back and…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

it says the roof is quite rusted and needs attention… not right away, but soon (next 9-12 months) I have paid $66k for this place in Rockhampton and it rents for $120pw… Now, I know when you buy a house for $66k there’s going to be some problems here and there… but should I use this to go back to the vendor and try and shave some off the price? Roof repairs will cost around $5-8k… perhaps I should just wait until next June and do it, then claim it as a tax deduction… hmmmm… any thoughts?

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of PG-WAPG-WA
    @pg-wa

I am cheeky when I buy property and will always try to get the price down, but at the end of the day the bottom price needs to be fair and reasonable or you’ll more than likely loose the deal. Especially in this market.

Venders seem less willing to negotiate at the moment. At 66k sounds like a good price considering the return.

Also, I think the roof repair would be considered a capital improvement by Mr Tax Man so you’ll only get your 2.5% dep.

I would buy the place and fix the roof later.

Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘building inspection report has come back and…’ is closed to new replies.