All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Free property Investment Software

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Hi there

As mentioned in this months “Personal Investor” magazine, you can download a completely free IP tax and cashflow simulator, compatible with Windows 95 and up.

http://www.ez-rent.com

Among its features are:

– Simple, easy use GUI
    – P&I or Interest only loans for varying periods
    – Automatic calculation of stamp duty and other costs
    – Building and Fittings depreciation
    – Save different calculations as property “profiles”
    – Preview/Print reports of your analysis.
    – Built in help

Over 1000 people have downloaded EZ-Rent and the feedback has been very positive. Please try it out and let me know what you think..

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi ez-rent

Does it work on a Mac???

Take care
    Dave [:)]

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Sorry Dave C but the short answer is no.. unless you have some good PC emulation software. :-)

The long answer (and this is for the tech geeks), is that EZ-Rent has been written as a COM+ DLL, so it is certainly possible to write an ASP/PHP web based version of EZ-Rent without any EZ-Rent recompiling, but unfortunately that would mean hosting costs and I want to keep EZ-Rent free.

Paul
    [email protected]

p.s Of course, if someone wants to pay to add this functionality to their corporate website simply mail me :-)

Profile photo of NeillNeill
    @neill

Dear Ez-rent,

I recall sending you an email about your product (several weeks ago?) and making the offer that I would send you a copy of a portfolio excel spreadsheet product I developed for myself if you decided to go down the path of developing a commercial version of your product. Q: did you receive this email & do you want to receive a copy of the spreadsheet?

@ez-rent

Hi

Yes I received your email and I replied back. Guess you never received it.. :-(

The gist of my answer was that yes I would be happy to do this, but I am working on another application right now that means EZ-Rent is not getting any serious development for a few weeks..

Best to take this offline. Pls email..

cheers

Paul
    [email protected]

Profile photo of NeillNeill
    @neill

Paul,

I have just logged on to see your reply and will email you directly. You are right – I didn’t get the reply, but I think the problem is at my end, as my ISP is doing something strange with my emails.

Regards, Neill[:)]

Profile photo of JoffJoff
    @joff

EZ-RENT
    Hi,
    I downloaded the spreadsheet last night and am impressed.However i have a question.Can you generate reports linking multiple profiles/properties for an overall portfolio snapshot?
    Thanks for offering it for use.Very nice!
    Joff

@ez-rent

Hi Joff

I never designed the program with this in mind. A new build is going to be released soon with some user requested enhancements. But I am soon going to cease further major development and start work on EZ-Rent version 2.

This will have this feature included.

EZ-Rent version 2 however will be a vastly different beast under the hood than version 1, and I expect this to take some time to design and code.

cheers

Paul
    [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Free property Investment Software’ is closed to new replies.