All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Cost of Building a Unit???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SlippySlippy
    @slippy

Hi ALL!! Just wanting to know if anyone can tellme what it would cost to build a new unit on the back of a property i already own. Let’s say a 3 bedroom unit 20 squares…total cost – so including garage, permits etc… Thanks..

Profile photo of WeaverWeaver
    @weaver

quote:

Hi ALL!! Just wanting to know if anyone can tellme what it would cost to build a new unit on the back of a property i already own. Let’s say a 3 bedroom unit 20 squares…total cost – so including garage, permits etc… Thanks..

Hi Slippy

I have a friend who’s a property developer and says a 3 bed townhouse costs about $80 000. These are probably wholesale prices, best to ask a local builder or architect

Weaver

Profile photo of SlippySlippy
    @slippy

Thanks for replying Weaver. I have been told it costs between $200 – $250K to build. This is via getting a builder to do the lot for you. I was told they charge around 10-12K per square so 20 squares…. And this was from someone who has been investing for a while now.. Thoughts??

Profile photo of WeaverWeaver
    @weaver

Hi Slippy

That sounds interesting. Not sure what builders charge in Viccy but sounds a lot more than here unless this price of 200 – 250 per unit includes land. You can have a lowset house built for around 160 000 in brisbane ( depending on who you use, type and extras etc.) So my way of thinking is a block of 4 townhouses Could’nt cost 200 each to build considering there are so many other fees included in building them ( council, land etc) they are selling in Brissy for around 220 – 320 each depending on location. ( obviously their are townhouses selling for much more in effluent suburbs).
    Small scale developments are popping up everywhere at the moment, and you can bet the guy’s with the finger on the pulse are doing very well at the moment. So is block spitting, every 3rd st or so has a small lot proposal sign n their front yard.
    Go the money makers

Weaver

Profile photo of scottscott
    @scott

Gday Slippy,
    sounds awfully expensive, I’ve just been out pricing spec homes and an upmarket one works out at around 100k for 18-20 squares. Thats brick veneer and good inclusions so, 10-12k per square sounds really pricey!!!(my price is around $5,300 per square)
    For weather boards on stumps you should be able to do it cheaper again! Don’t be afraid to ring evey builder under the sun for prices to get an idea![8D]

Cheers,
    Scott S

“Aim for the stars and you’ll shoot the top of the telegraph pole. Aim for the top of the telegraph pole and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot!”
    -anon

Profile photo of drewboy2drewboy2
    @drewboy2

Slippy,

Mate been there done that, you will be looking between $700 to $800 per square metre. This will give you the finished product at move in stage. This price is with a private builder and not a project builder. Difference, Private builder will not be able to get materials at same price as project builder therefore costs slightly higher, however the build quality will be exceptional and your experience probably one to rave home about. The project builders will have access to pre-frabricated materials such as form work and trusses this is where the price difference comes in and the quality may go down.

At the end of the day you have approx 180 square metres of building, shop around and even talk to architects, they will now some builders that you could talk to.

Happy Hunting.[:P]

I do not have a happy little ode to end on. Sorry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cost of Building a Unit???’ is closed to new replies.