All Topics / The Treasure Chest / getting started

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

g’day, my wife and i have purchsed our first ip at Venus bay. originally it was a love purchse
    but the more i look into it the more i think it could be a good investment. intention is to rent out the home to holidayers as much aspossible for the next few years. our loan is small so its shld be +/vly geared from the start

A) does anyone have any tips on successfully renting out holidays houses?

B) Venus bay a good investment??? 2 hours drive from melbourne and 10 sq home for 200k. this seems cheap to me when you consider if you went 2 hours down the west coast prices start at 300k?

c) where to from here ?? we have about 30k left over and intnetion now is to buy 2 or 3 more investment properties. Have been thinking of Healsville on the melbourne city fringe and more rural places like mildura or Saint Arnaud. Cash flow rather than capital gains are out focus at the moment. plsd to hear any advise

d) lastly – dont have a good accountant unfortunatley. can anyone recommend a good property accountant/planner in the melbourne eastern suburbs (warrandyte/doncaster/nth ringwood area)

look forward to hearing from anyone at all

cheers

[:)]

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Hi aussierogue

I only have two comments.

1. Some Council’s can restrict people from renting out their property on a short term basis (i.e. holiday house). So you may want to check with the Council first.
    2. Accountant – I would recommend John Filippo in the city (see http://www.filippo.com.au). He understands what its all about.

I’ve heard that Venus Bay is pretty good.

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

thanks stu – i will contact john.

venus bay is fantastic – if you ever need a holiday you know who to email

cheers
    [:)]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘getting started’ is closed to new replies.