All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Superannuation towards PPOR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NoviceMNoviceM
    @novicem

Hi all,

One of the fortum topics recently is regarding Chris Batten’s Investment Report. To those who have read this report, can you please shed some light or give some ideas as to how you can legally use your super to pay off your home mortgage (PPOR)? I’d really like to put as much $$$ as I could towards my PPOR to build more equity and invest some more on positive cashflow IPs.

Thanks,
    NoviceM

Profile photo of NoviceMNoviceM
    @novicem
    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

hi NoviceM

The short answer is: you can’t.

As far as I can see, t his is not covered in Batten’s book. And I can’t see any way in which super could be used to reduce your PPOR debt (until you retire?).

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

well if a cash cow set up a super futures lending fund perhaps they could do it that way. i.e. they lend you money based on your super fund value at a given interest rate probably higher than normal. The higher rate would cover the risk and inflationary aspects, say 10% Your capital growth could still exceed that diference in interest from the standard borrowing rates and you would get a bigger tax deduction anyway.

Someone should set it up. just an idea.

Profile photo of NoviceMNoviceM
    @novicem

Thanks for your input guys…

Cheers,
    NoviceM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Superannuation towards PPOR’ is closed to new replies.