All Topics / The Treasure Chest / number crunching help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of chericheri
    Participant
    @cheri

hi everyone,
    i have been reading the posts about number crunching on potential deals and this is the one thing i have difficulty with (have never been good with numbers [:(]) and i was wondering if anyone out there may be able to help me out?
    is there a particular or preferred software program, spreadsheet or calculator used to crunch the all important numbers? what does cash on cash return actually mean and what do people class as a satisfactory gross and net yeild? (if these questions have been asked and answered in the past i apologise).
    i will be eternally grateful to anyone that helps me begin to conquer my fear of numbers and what they really mean on a potential deal.
    thanks
    rie [:)]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Rie,
    If you ever want to chat feel free to call.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

Hi Cherie.
    I use property analysis software purchased from the Somersoft web site http://www.somersoft.com. Other investors also seem to find it very good.There are also free spreadsheets that have been posted by forumites, but I haven’t used them.
    Also look at what info. Steve has on this site!
    Terry

Terence McMahon
    HomeWin
    Finance

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

Hey Cherie,

I use a spreadsheet that I have put together, which has both a buy+hold and wrap deal analysis sheet… I find it easy to use, but then I made it so maybe it takes some getting used to… =)

Anyway if you would like a copy email me at [email protected]

Cheers
    -Nick

Profile photo of chericheri
    Participant
    @cheri

hi guys,
    thanks for your responses. each post gave some helpful hints and advice that i will most certainly be following up.
    hope you are having a great sunday [:D]
    rie

ps AD talk to you soon. gazz says hi[:)]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘number crunching help’ is closed to new replies.