All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Brisbanes cheaper suburbs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of bannerbanner
    Participant
    @banner

Hi

I’ve just placed my first investment property on the market (-ve) but made a bit in capital growth. Can anyone recommend suburbs that sell houses for around $100,000 to 120,000 with good rental yields? Researched a few but keep coming up with high cost homes or rents that are not high enough. Any help greatly appreciated as fingers wearing down from internet research.
    [:(]

Profile photo of neologismneologism
    @neologism

well i guess thats the $100,000 – $120,000 question.

if u think u’ve search everywhere and u havent turned up anything its proberly time to try a different area.

keep on keep’n tho, seek and u shall find

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Banner. To be honest things have moved. There are still deals out there but your 100-120K is probably difiicult in Brisbane City but achiveable in the satellite areas. You need to look at areas north ,west and south of Brisbane. Have a look at a map and see what yuo think. If you get really stuck email me. [email protected]
    I won’t talk to you though unless you can name me five areas that have properties in this bracket…..some homework.

There are still properties out there just move fast.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of katsu88katsu88
    @katsu88

Hi AD ,

Can I please aked you what web search engine may help me in finding the right IP within Banner’s range.

I too are very intereted in finding my first IP
    with +ve cash flow and where rental is not a problem. Sorry I’m new to Investment Properties.

Thanks guys.

Profile photo of scottscott
    @scott

Hi katsu88,
    get on realestate.com.au and searc the areas that interest you when you find an area that looks good then do a search on the town through yahoo or simmilar to find out more about it’s economy etc. If it all looks good call a few real estate agents and go have a look.
    It really is as simple as that![8D]

Happy hunting
    Scott S

“Aim for the stars and you’ll shoot the top of the telegraph pole. Aim for the top of the telegraph pole and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot!”
    -anon

Profile photo of bannerbanner
    Participant
    @banner

Thanks everyone for your input. I shall research on! and thanks AD.

[:)]

Profile photo of hotchocolatehotchocolate
    @hotchocolate

IMHO the only area that has properties at that price and a train station (essential!) is Beenleigh.

If you are not familiar with Brisbane, I would recommend looking at a map of the rail network, make a list of the stations, then search on realestate.com.au on those names. Try http://www.transinfo.com.au for the rail map

In the next 20 years being within a 5-8 min walk of a train station will become more valuable in Brisbane as population and road traffic continues to increase.

Choc

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Brisbane Traffic ? Surely we will have Sky Cars by then :/ [:D] If you believe what this guys been saying for years -> http://www.moller.com

[;)]

Profile photo of scottscott
    @scott

Hi guys,
    There’s more than just beenliegh! I just missed out on a deal where you walked out the front door and just about fell onto the platform for under 50k !!![:(!] Should have acted quicker![:I]
    They’re out there guys you just have to look! Oh well, guess I won’t muck around next time. Lesson learnt.

Cheers
    Scott S

“Aim for the stars and you’ll shoot the top of the telegraph pole. Aim for the top of the telegraph pole and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot!”
    -anon

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

yea but at $50K surely ur gonna have maintenance headaches ? You will probably end up spending another $30K just to get a tenant in the door. Are we talking a single bedder here ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brisbanes cheaper suburbs’ is closed to new replies.