All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Modifying a Floor Plan – What would it cost?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Modifying a Floor Plan – What would it cost?

I am considering modifying a floor plan on a 1 bed plus study by moving the study away from the adjoining bed room into the other corner of the lounge room and making it slightly larger so it can fit at least a single bed comfortably. I figure that as the unit has both space for dining and lounge, I can sacrifice a bit of that space to make the study a bit larger and relocated away from the other bedroom.

Note the unit is 66 sqm internal has a 30 sqm balcony. The whole unit fits within a rectangular block.

I’m also considering a stage 2 rennovation making the walk in robes into an ensuite. with shower, toilet and basin.

1. Does anyone have any idea how much this exercise would cost me for phase one and phase two ? $5K ? $10K ?

2. Oh I also assume it would be tax deductible ?

I figure if I can then offer it as a 2 bedder, I have better marketability and rent potential.

i.e. instead of praying & hoping to get $240 / week for a single bed plus study, I can more realistically expect to get $260 a week for the 2 bedder, still with space for lounge and dining though slightly smaller.

3. I guess I would need body corp approval ?

4. What about council approval ?

THANX !
    [?]

Profile photo of wayne_2wayne_2
    @wayne_2

Hi hwd007, firstly to give you any idea of what your costs might be I would need a floor plan, type of construction etc. If you wish to fax a copy to my attention on 03 50211899 I would be happy to see if I can help.The only other comment I would make is in respect to the alterations and the body corporate and that is you don’t normally need the B/C consent for your internal modifications but if you are intending to change the exterior facade you would need there approval.
    oh! may beyou better mark that fax attention
    wayne wilkie.

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Thanks for your help Wayne. I may take you up on that if I get the property, or even if i dont.

Profile photo of jfjf
    @jf

Hi hwd007

I would agree with wayne in that without floor plans hard to estimate.I am assuming that the unit is built on a concrete slab. Your major cost for this type of reno would be connecting all the new plumb[:)]ing for the ensuite. this could be costly if the bath room is not close to your new ensuite. The rest of the work could be relativly in expensive

Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

Thanks JF

Yes the Ensuite would be next to the bathroom. Currently its a walk in robe, which I would try to convert to a small ensuite. I will try to email you guys a JPEG or GIF pic of the floor plan. u can email me at [email protected]

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Modifying a Floor Plan – What would it cost?’ is closed to new replies.