All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Banks 80% rule.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of TheCleanerTheCleaner
    @thecleaner

I seriously challenge anyone to find a CF+ property in Melb at 100% gearing given the way properties have zoomed in the last 4 years.

And Hi![8D]

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Challenge not accepted…. but seriously who cares where the property is?

Question you probably should be asking is “Does the property put money in my pocket?”

Location is immaterial

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of TheCleanerTheCleaner
    @thecleaner

Disagree with the location part. I can point to two Melb suburbs that have had -ve cap gains in the last five years. Ageing population and bracing for a downturn are serious concerns in property, therefore locations where rental demand is constant is important.
    Just how is the “golden growth corridor” travelling? Which one? I don’t know, think I read of 5 in the last 3 years…all fizzled.

I only really know the Melb markets. Well Melb, NY and Singapore, but keep it local!!

@davidu

Not too sure what you’re saying…. Clarification would be great.

I mean that location is immaterial to me when I’m investing. I now have properties in most states of Australia, New Zealand, and UK.

All that matters is that the tenants are happy and that they continue to pay me every week.

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of TheCleanerTheCleaner
    @thecleaner

Resale value not a consideration? How quickly you can liquidate a property not an issue? Will anyone buy my place?
    Would have done well if you bought properties in HK in 1996. Only lost about 50-70% cap value to date.

@davidu

Nope

None of those are particular worries of mine… I invest for cashflow…Capital gain is the icing on the cake

Cheers

David U

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Banks 80% rule.’ is closed to new replies.