All Topics / The Treasure Chest / PI.com Roll Call

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)
  • Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Folks

I thought it would be nice for us to introduce ourselves and share a bit of info about ourselves to further strengthen the relationships we started at the seminar and also to know more about the people we help and receive help from.

So just tell us your alias and real name, if you have kids, married or not!, if you have any IP’s or how many. Which state you live in, yadda yadda!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi, me again[:D]

Well, I am TheENJOLady and my name is Leigh, and I am married to Matt (new alias – TheENJOHusband) we have one son Nathan who was 2 yesterday.

We live in Doncaster in Victoria but are originally from Sydney. I am an ENJO Consultant (surprise surprise) and Matt in a Marketing Manager in teh HEalth care industry.

We are buying our PPOR and have 1 neg geared unit in Parramantta, Sydney and 1 positive cashflow property in Nhill, Victoria (we only bought this last Thursday)

Our goal is to have the choice if we go to work or not.

Cheers
    Leigh & Matt K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

G’day

I wasn’t at the seminar, but I find myself constantly checking this site through the day for different scraps of information… and have learned a helluva lot in the last few weeks…

My name is Jamie, I’m 29, and live on 60 acres an hour’s drive north of Melbourne near Kilmore with my fiancee Virginia (who I’ve known since I was 15, been together 4 years), our two kelpies and two cats. I don’t know if we’ll stay here, but I expect the capital growth of our property (which backs onto state forest) to be enormous over the next decade or so as road improvements drastically cut travel times to Melbourne.

I am a sports journalist/tv producer, while Virginia is a paramedic. We are getting married in December under a big marquee in the front paddock.

We are buying our PPOR, and have put our holiday house on the Mornington Peninsula at Blairgowrie up for rent, will be pretty much cashflow neutral. Bought there in 2001, cap gains have been huge (more than 100% growth in 2 yrs)

The goal is to not have to work by the time I’m 35 so I can enjoy our kids when they come along. I’m not sure whether that’s too ambitious, but it’s what I’m aiming for.

I’m going on a trip next week to get cracking on the positive cashflow side of things, and have square eyes from spending too much time on the internet, and a sore ear and neck from talking too much to real estate agents on the phone.

Cheerio
    jamie

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Leigh, well you know me! I even got a cuddle on the second day [;)] Doncaster’s great. I miss Tunstall Square shopping.
    Well for everyone on P.I forum who want to know my specs. I’m Soosh (aka Sarah) born 26.6.1972 (exactly 48 days younger than Steve!), I’m a phlebotomist, registered Nurse, Acupuncturist and Midwife (something like this: Sarah W, Dip Phleb, RN, Dip Ac, RM) . Married to Michael (Moogie in forum), married 7+ years, 2 sons, Phillip 4 and Simon 19 months. Phillip has mild Autism and Simon is being tested at present. They’re a wonderful handful [:P][:D]
    I just had parent and teacher evening and Phillip had rave reviews about his personality. I’m a very proud mummy.
    Last year, my goal for my birthday was our first property investment. Instead we had our first property investment lesson [B)]
    We made many mistakes with property investing and it was my ‘hound dog’ skills which lead me to this special site/forum.
    I have a true passion for real estate, where I feel that many houses have character. It’s not all about the money.
    One of my goals in life is to make as many people as I can [:D]SMILE[:D] Without having to be a stand up comic!
    I could go on forever but I’m thinking we should perhaps transpose this post to another section.
    Will think on it.
    If you have any questions you’d like to ask.. why not? I believe you learn by asking questions…and listening to the answers.

I’m looking foward to my Fijian holiday ( a birthday treat)

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]
    Still 4 sleeps till Fiji!

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi my name is Westan i’m 39 married to Janine have 5 kids live in Stawell Vic. Work in a school as a School Chaplain.
    Started investing when i came out of Bible College 6 years ago, i was poor so i needed extra income. Started buying properties in 1997, have been really fortunate that they have kept going up in value, so i refinance to buy more now have 21. Currently looking at NZ going over there these holidays with my 10 yr old son looking at the South Isand.
    westan

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

minimogul here,

wonderful to meet you all. I have just started in property investing and am purchasing in NZ as it’s where i grew up, and i can’t afford Aussie yet, though I live in Sydney (I’m renting someone else’s negatively geared house in Paddington.! it’s a lovely light-filled cottage with a little garden area and i work at home so I am glad it is a nice place.)
    I’m a muso from wayback – ex classical, through jazz into session work and from there ended up in pop and rock -.
    I am signed to Sony/ATV as a writer/producer which basically means I work on a bunch of different projects at any one time,
    which can be anything from screen composing, artist development and management, music production, and touring.

I also have an agency for sessions singers, here:
    http://www.vocalbureau.com

I live with my spunky Swedish hunk boyfriend of seven years who is a bachelor of medical science and studying further towards a bachelor of sports and health sciences. We met on tour with kd lang when he was a sound engineer.

My boyfriend’s son who has just turned 12 lives with us too, and is very sporty as well as happily thriving at a catholic private school we moved him to recently – the state school he started the year at was sh######t. His mum lives in Sydney too but has MS hence he’s with us, but he sees her lots too.

I have two IPs and am about to purchase a third. I have still got a lot to learn but am enjoying myself immensely. I couldn’t have done it without having gone to the Australian Property Masters, as I don’t have any people in my circle of friends that are doing what i am doing – positive cashflow investing is something that few have heard of or even believe is possible.

it all feels a little like a game, but played with real money. My strategy is buy and hold, and I want to try to be as risk-free as possible, even if that means I might move a little slower than others. Risk doesn’t make me happy and i’m all about happy and being able to sleep well and peacefully at night.
    I’m feeling good about buy and holds combined with some renovations, as you make something better than it was before and stimulate the local economy in the process.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of RedRed
    @red

Hi peoples,

I’m Ross and am married to Raelene we have two boys, Rhyan, and Rhiley (The R’s). We live on the Gold Coast and I work in the waste industry while mum stays at home. I’m sure I’ve got the best of it, as you mums out there would agree. Ho and the dogs Lucy the Dalmatian and shadoe a jack Russell.

We started in 1996 and have five props. and are always looking for more.

Our prop. are a mix of -eg and pos. but are pos. over all.

We love this forum and have learnt a lot from it.

All the best,

Red…..

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

Hey everyone,

Can I just say I’m really enjoying reading about the different people on this forum! Great idea this Leigh…

I’ll keep mine short, but I’m Nick, 20 years old and studying Finance/Law at university in Sydney. I almost purchased my first property (b+h) using my parent’s equity for security about 2 months ago. Luckily for me, the bank valued that house at more than the agreed price, which made me think twice and reconsider the deal. It’s still for sale – but I now doubt we will buy it.

We are now starting a full steam ahead wrap strategy with all the new knowledge that I have from the masters seminar – setting up a trust, and not cross collateralising! I couldn’t bear the thought of the bank taking our own house….

I have 3 and a half years left of my degree, and really hope to have built a nice passive income for myself and father by the time I graduate – so he can retire, and so I can work and travel wherever I want.

Well wasn’t that short hey.. I’m off to study for exams now =)

Look forward to reading more of these posts

Cya all
    -Nick

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hey Nick

Sorry to interject into this great post, but if the bank valued the property at a price HIGHER than the agreed purchase price, I would GRAB it with BOTH hands.

You’re effectively buying under market value…

Unless.. I am misunderstanding

I’ll add my bio when I get some time

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

Hey David

Oops – didn’t check that post before I pressed send!! They valued it significantly below the purchase price =)

-Nick

Profile photo of MarcoMarco
    @marco

What a great idea this is! Thanks Leigh.

Marco here, just doing my daily surf through the forum. My wife and I live in Adelaide with our 9mo son.

Been researching and setting things up for a little over 18mo and thoroughly enjoying it. I work for a company that helps people with their personal finances, budgeting etc. Very rewarding when you see the light come on in peoples eyes [:)]

Always happy to help, although I do take a low profile for two reasons – the quality of the answers are wonderful and I just don’t spend that much time on the net.

Keep up the good work, hope to meet some of you in real life at some stage.

Marco

Profile photo of BDMBDM
    Participant
    @bdm

G’day all from BDM,

In real life, my name is Matt. I’m almost 34 and my wife Robyn and I have 1.7 children – a beautiful little 2 1/2 yo daughter Kathleen, and another ( currently known as B2 ) due in August.

We own our ppor in Mt Waverley, Melbourne, and 2 IPs – both in Melb. We plan to buy at least one IP every even numbered year for the next 4 years, then at least one every year for the following 6 years. Like MiniMogul, the slow / steady / low risk buy and hold option suits us in our current family situation.

When I grew up I was going to be a wealthy rock star, however I discovered just before the children began to arrive that global domination through property acquisition might be a little easier. I am fortunate in that I have two excellent financial role models – my father and my uncle – who have achieved financial success and now spend much of their time in France or Italy drinking red wine and eating cheese with their friends. Do you hear that creaking sound ? That is my older relatives arteries hardening as they consume alcohol and dairy products….

Even with “only” 3 properties, I am beginning to see that the income that 2 of these properties produce is already starting to give us more options for our future. Our goal of “providing options” for both us and our children is the driving force behind our investing in property. While I work at a large bank as an IT type computer person, the option of not working is very appealing. Our 12 year plan is to create enough income through our buy and hold property strategy to then begin hardening my own arteries like my parents before me….

BDM ( Big Daddy Matt )

Profile photo of RonulasRonulas
    @ronulas

Hi Guy’s,

My name is Ron. I’m 31 yo married to Lydia We have 4 children. Have been in the IP business for about 5 years without realising it. We bought our little house in Country Victoria and renovated a bit. I’m in Defence as a Network/Systems IT Manager. We were posted to Canberra which is where we are now. House has been rented now for about two years.No problems.It never occured to me that someone else was paying for my investment and that I could duplicate that as many times as I liked. Thick Huh!!![:0)]

My wife has been brain bashing me with the idea of IP’s for years but I was too locked into the idea of security and no debt.[xx(] Only because I’m sick of working did I really think about a different way of living and after attending Robert Kiyosaki’s Get Rich Seminar has set my brain on fire. [:O]

I am now spending most of my time surfing forums like this for ideas to increase my investment knowledge.
    Thanks for listening.

Profile photo of Gatbe7Gatbe7
    @gatbe7

Hi All,

First of all – great idea Leigh [:D]

My name is Adam, 36 yrs old, working within the construction industry in Hong Kong (originally from UK). Separated from my wife[B)], luckily no children to get involved.

I am looking at generating a passive income so that I can retire within the next 10 to 15 years[;)]. My strategy is to purchase buy and hold properties for 5 – 10 years, sell and then reinvest the profits into positively geared properties. So initially if the properties are negitively geared but will make large capital gains then this is not an issue.

Looking at purchasing my first IP within the next couple of months as an off-the-plan.

By the way. This web site is excellent and the people involved are positive, helpful and respectful.

Cheers

Adam
    [8D]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well my name is Chris 34 live in Forest Hill Vic with my girl friend Sue. I’m an I.T. systems administrator (contractor)for a defence company and Sue is a school teacher. I have only 1 ip in Sydney at the moment and Sue has 9 units in Melbourne.

I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship who lives with his mum.

Currently not buying because Sue would like me to finish my house off (so all my money is going in that at the moment).

Will be buying again around Christmas.

Cheers Chris

Profile photo of bridgesbridges
    Participant
    @bridges

Hello to all, [:D]
    I am Greg, 39 [}:)], married to Mary [:D] for about 18 years, have three, Nick, 10, Pat, 8 and our little girl Katrina, 4, one dog. We currently live in Knoxfield, Vic. Have lived in Benalla, Hervey Bay and Boronia. Spent a lot of time and money travelling around. Used to own our own Air Cond business but sold it and now work Mon to Fri at JOB.
    I am a Plumber and Gasfitter who chooses air conditioning. Mary trades shares and options.
    After the weekend seminar we have set ourselves some real targets. We plan to have me home from work within two years. This will be made up from income from properties and sub contracting.

Mary & Greg Bridges
    It’s better to give a little than to never give at all.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi everyone,

What a great idea!!

Well where do we start? My name is Del and I’m married to William. We have 2 girls – Sarah 5.5 and Chloe 4.5 years old. They’re at prep & kinder.
    We are asparagus farmers and live on a farm at KooWeeRup in West Gippsland VIC, I own 3 horses, which is now my 2nd biggest passion. Property investing has pushed them aside for a while.[:O]

We started our investing journey this year, after attending Geoff Doidge & Paul Eslick’s seminar in Brisbane in February. We have since purchased 2 houses and done reno’s, and 1 block of 4 units. They’re all cashflow pos. Today we put an offer on another block of 5 units, and 2 houses. We are using the buy & hold strategy at the moment, but would like to learn more about wrapping. We also hope to strata title the units in the future.

Our goal is to be able to sell our asparagus farm and not rely on seasonal/casual workers again!!

It was great to put faces to names at the seminar, and perhaps we could all meet every 2-3 months or so, to keep in contact with eachother.

Talk to you all soon,

P.S. Sarah AKA Sooshie,
    Hope you have a great holiday in Fuji and a happy birthday next week.

Will & Del
    (WILANDEL)

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hey everyone,

It’s wonderful to read about everyone’s lives! Better than Big Brother [:D]!(Does anyone really watch that stuff???)
    Thanks Will and Del, for the lovely birthday and holiday wishes [:X][:)]. Only 3 sleeps to go!!!
    Where we are going there is no hot water or electricity… I think we’ll take a solar shower with us, so we can give Simon a warm wash.
    I’m interested in Reno’s as I’m good at looking past cracks and disaster wallpapers, mission brown beams and quarry tiles, granny smith coloured kitchen bench tops, orange showers etc. I’d like to find out more about Geoff and Paul’s seminar.
    Glad to see everyone is posting [:)]
    Warm wishes to you all
    Sooshie [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of jars11jars11
    @jars11

Hi All,

Im the odd one out, name is Helen, just turned 32. I own my own business which I started 4 years ago with no money or clients but just an Amex Green card and a lot of attitude. The bizz has completely changed me! I got sucked into it all and thus no partner or kids [:I] but hey, who knows (right…yeah right). Im slow, just bought the PPOR but somehow managed to have 40% enquity already and it isnt finished (construction).

The bizz has produced some great excess cash so Im ready to invest. The accountant and I set some investment goals and the trust is ready to go so it will be soooon.

So there ya have it.

Helen

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

This is bigger than Ben Hur. It is a real treat to to hear about all of you people. Next Seminar I will be asking Steve to have a lunch session in the corner for introductions of regular seminar users……next time.

Anyway the name is Andrew. Married to a lovely (and patient as you can see by the time) lady(Fiona) and I have two little girls that are the centre of my universe. (Emily-Jane – 5 in 9 days and Annabelle – 2 in august) They are why I am doing this property thing. We have been actively involved in property for the last year and have been busy……We have reno’d 4 houses and sold 2, flipped one house and have 7 rental properties and 1 under contract (we worked out the other day we did 13 transactions this last year). We are looking for an even bigger year this year and I know we will get it. We aim to have 20 rentals by the end of the next financial year but my stretch goal is 27. We’ll see how we go. Check with me next June if I am still above water.
    I absolutely love property and people and I am aiming to have the choice to leave work in 4.5 years. Fiona should finish up early next year.
    I love reading your comments and hope that my irregular interjections help others. My aim is to instil others with the confidence to do what I (and many others) have done. I am no one special and believe everybody has it within themselves to achieve amazing things. MAP or no MAP each of us can have an awesome year.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PI.com Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.