Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Michael

I have purchased this booklet. It is fairly technical and sometimes difficult to understand. It has been a while since I read it, so will dig it out tonight and skim thru it again.

From memory half of the book was just print outs of various tax rulings (which are avaliable on the internet if you know where to look).

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of OzbrokerOzbroker
    @ozbroker

Hi guys

I know Steve has prepared a fairly comprehensive report in the form of Wealth Guardian in terms of asset protection and structure.

Regards

Profile photo of scottscott
    @scott

Hi Guys,
    I can highly recommend “Wealth Guardian”. It”s not the be all and end all but its very down to earth, easy to understand and best of all it’s audio so you can listen while reading the notes, handy for someone like me!
    It certianly guided me in the right direction and helped me ask the right questions of my solicitor, when I enquired about setting up our structure.I actually knew what I wanted instead of sounding silly![:D]

Cheers
    Scott S

“Aim for the stars and you’ll shoot the top of the telegraph pole. Aim for the top of the telegraph pole and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot!”
    -anon

Profile photo of dntstrandntstran
    @dntstran

Hi Michael,
    Chrisbatten free report is very clear and simple to understand….Have u check the cost to setup one? As I was told it will cost about under ~$1400for a new company/Hibrid trust structure.
    U should keep the existng properties as properties transfer will incur. stamp duties , CGT plus…and U should start to invest on new properties under HDTrust.
    Need to check around as cost may be….

DNT

Profile photo of dntstrandntstran
    @dntstran

I was told company/Hibrid trust cost about ~$1400
    Chrisbatten charge $990? $1200 for Hbrid/company.
    online site
    http://www.macquariegs.com.au/

DNT

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Michael

I have the book in front of me now.

He has lots of nice diagrams explaning actual case studies. It is actually not that difficult a book, expained clearly. However most of it is the same old stuff.

A few good bits include:
    -The negative gearing time bomb (how buying an ip in the highest income earners name backfires if it is sold and CGT is payable).
    -The refinacing principle (converting equity to debt and claiming the interest payments on the debt as a tax deduction regardless of its use)
    -Superannution structures
    -family succession

Incidently, he has a section on PPOR and states on page 15, that it is his opinion the final family residence should not be ourchased in a trust structure. He also lists advantages and disadvantages.

The main part of the book is only 73 pages, and the rest of it deals with analysis of various taxation rulings (pages 73-134).

It then finshes off with an example of how you could save over $100,00 by purchasing an IP in a Trust (Hybrid Discretionary) rather than personal names.

Overall I think it would be a good purchase if you are serious at setting up a trust structure or increasing your knowledge in this area.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of VioletaVioleta
    @violeta

Hi All,

This topic was an interesting read for me. I am trying to organise the best structure for the way forward and the book you mention sounds great.

Thank you,[:)]
    Violeta.

Profile photo of puissancepuissance
    @puissance

how much is the booklet and is it worth buying. How many pages are there?

quote:

Michael

I have purchased this booklet. It is fairly technical and sometimes difficult to understand. It has been a while since I read it, so will dig it out tonight and skim thru it again.

From memory half of the book was just print outs of various tax rulings (which are avaliable on the internet if you know where to look).

Terryw
    [email protected]

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

The answers to dhttang’s questions are in Michael& Kaye’s first post.

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Michael & Kaye, or Terry – I’ve got as far as Wealth Guardian explains… what is a Hybrid Trust?

What are the benefits over the family trust with corporate trustee/beneficiary that Steve outlines?

Apologies – I have just come across another post with all the info i need on this (entitled Hybrid Trusts funnily enough).

Regards,

Tas Investor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Report’ is closed to new replies.