All Topics / The Treasure Chest / excuse me steve…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hey steve, not too many clues mate on where you are, I reckon I’m headed your way next Monday from Melbourne having been to the mortgage broker during the week… give a bloke trying to get a start in this game half a chance before the pier gets too crowded in that area!!![:D][:D][:D]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Give a person a fish and he eats for a night.
    Teach a person to fish and they could feed themselves forever……….

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

[:)]

Market seems pretty hot here at the moment, although industry is still recovering from the drought.

And, at the risk of alienating my good fried AD [B)], banana benders seem to do things a little odd up here where 17 degrees is considered cool.

Furthermore, the latest fast train is called a ’tilt’ train. I don’t know about you, but in my mis-spent youth, when I tilted the local fish and chip pinball machine, I was chased out of the shop by the owner.

I don’t think that I’d want to be on a train going 160kms an hour where it’s normal for it to be ’tilting’.

Still, having said that, perhaps some of the smaller regions will benefit by having the increased infrastructure passing through… if you get my drift.

Well, I’m about to go and sit on an island for a few days (tough life this property investing [;)]). I’ll see ya when I get back to civilisation.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

Obviously Steve hasn’t seen me try and ‘Tilt’ a chocolate vending machine after a crazy shift at the Royal Women’s Hospital [;)]
    Could you explain to this ‘City girl’ what a ‘banana bender’ does (I assume this to be a banana picker/grower)?
    Actually, how has the drought affected property where you are [?] Are locals moving and investors coming in?
    By the by, Do the fruit of the crops taste different? ( I guess that’s like asking if the fish in Tahiti taste different to that of Indonesia [:0)])

Sleep time for Sooshie

Cheers [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Banana Bender is a colloquial name for we lovable Qlder’s. In norhtern Qld the drought has affected properties but they seem to be slowly dragging back ground again.
    Just remember…..Beautiful one day ….perfect the next.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi AD,

quote:

Just remember…..Beautiful one day ….perfect the next

That’s true, but remember after Winter…6 months till Summer and potential drought time again. I hope everything picks up this winter so that Summer isn’t to trying.
    Thanks for the explination on the BB [8D]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi everyone,

On the subject of the drought, being farmers ourselves in Victoria (asparagus), I can only say that I really believe the next 12 months are going to be as tough as the last.

For many farmers, Asia is their biggest market, and with the SARS virus, Japanese recession etc., our drought is only adding to the doom and gloom.

The grass is not growing, and the rain is not coming. Farmers will find it very tough to make it through this winter. People see it green again and think that the drought is over. IT”S NOT!!

Dont get me wrong, I wouldn’t want to do a 9 to 5 job, or live in the suburbs ever again!!

I love it.[:X]

P.S. Don’t forget to buy Australian fruit & vegies at the supermarket. They’re better and will really make a difference to the farmers and the economy.

Thankyou for listening…Have a great week.

Del

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

hi wilandel
    the drought has affected many. in sa in the riverland, crops may have to be abandoned because of water restrictions. i love buying australian, but it may become more difficult!
    what impact might this have on property in river towns?
    hope things improve for you.
    [:)]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Thanks Spider for your kind thoughts,

Yes, it’s sad to see the oranges etc, being destroyed because they can’t be sold etc…Heartbreaking in fact. Especially when they taste a lot better than the IMPORTED ones!!

I still think property along the Murray will keep good prices, because there is also a lot of tourism that keeps the towns booming. I’ve just got back from looking in the Cobram area.
    I love their weather too, much warmer than KooWeeRup at the moment.

Farmers are a tough resiliant bunch, and farming has become much more of a science than it used to be. Even the older farmers are using advanced technology to improve crops and are diversifying.

We get knocked down, but we get up again!!

Thanks for caring,
    Del

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘excuse me steve…’ is closed to new replies.