All Topics / The Treasure Chest / What % use Property Managers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

Hi All,

Just interested in finding out how many of you with 4 or more properties are using rental managers please.

Thanks and regards

4walls

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey 4,
    I am definitiely using a property manager. My time is valuable and the 6.5% is cheap for the next deal I can be finding. I do regularly check up on them and randomly drop in with a cahke to say gooday but I feel they are reasonably competent and they do free me up.
    Imagine 20 properties with $150/week rent = $3000/week.
    Management costs me $3000*6.5% = 195/week
    So over a year it will cost me $10000. Now if I find three good deals a year I make $100,000 (minimum).
    I believe this far outweighs the fun of property management (tongue in cheek).

Everything I do I look at an hourly rate and work backwards. Over the last year we have made a reasonable return oon our property and I work out the hourly rate for that year and if someone can do it cheaper then it is their work. Usually people can do it for cheaper than I can myself(and a whole lot better).

Hope this helps.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Worth it 100%
    They will chase up tradesmen, if something needs repairing etc etc, pay property bills for you, check tenant references.
    After 4 or more proerties, you cna ask for a discount, 5%commission in my case.

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

Hi,
    Our closest investment property is 1600km away and it came with a tenant 6 years ago when we purchased it. We don’t use an agent for that one (he is an incredible tenant and we appreciate him), but the others are even further and yes, we wouldn’t be without a property manager. We interview them, just as they would a tenant and make sure that we are comfortable with them. It lets us spend time looking for the next investment, rather than worry about what someone else is doing. I suppose it’s also the tyranny of distance.
    cheers
    H[:)]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes, I use a PM for all of my wraps/lease options.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What % use Property Managers’ is closed to new replies.