All Topics / The Treasure Chest / No Answers to Your Questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of WilinvestWilinvest
    @wilinvest

Hi Guys,

My friend, Lorna and I are bouncing different experiences off each other as we go. It’s very helpful and urges us on.

Well today Lorna Asked the question, “When was the last offer and what was it for”?

The reply was “5 mths ago but I cannot disclose the price”. I have also encountered this type of response. Very frustrating. There must be away around this!

What other tacticts can we use to get a price out of the agent.

Any ideas muchly appreciated.

Wilma

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

Just keep trying to build a rapport with the agent and explain that you are trying to create a win-win and don’t want to put in a lower bid to waste their ‘precious time’

Just one idea….

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of davidfemiadavidfemia
    @davidfemia

Hello Wilma,

Willi is right. Most agents will go for this, as they are genuinely keen on selling the home.

If you come across an agent that wants to play games, then you may want to look elsewhere.

Another suggestion is…”what will the vendor accept”. This is something she can disclose.

David Femia

Femia Property Group
    Property Investment Consultants
    http://www.femiapropertygroup.com.au

Profile photo of SlumLordSlumLord
    @slumlord

I have run into this as well. I often then say, ok, I understand. Then ask, was the offer less than X, more then X, less then X, etc. For Whatever reason every time I do this with an agent they allow me to narrow it to a 2-5k range.

It is like they have this policy of not disclosing the price of the last offer, but as soon as you make it into a little guessing game they are happy to play along.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘No Answers to Your Questions’ is closed to new replies.