Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AlexandraAlexandra
    Participant
    @alexandra

Hi,
    Stumbled across this site http://www.railpage.org.au
    It has railway maps for most states. Some include railway proposals. Might be useful for those planning to invest interstate in identifying the area location.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for the link…I’ll transpose it to ‘useful links’ post, as this site is booming with the new numbers of posts and I;m finding it hard to locate all the new links..

Ta

Sooshie [:)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

At this point I should plug my own Melbourne transport site, Meltrip. I set it up some time ago when the official Victrip site was no good at all!

Meltrip covers all of Melbourne. Of most interest to investors is the suburb index.

The URL is http://www.meltrip.cjb.net

Just go to the suburb you’re interested in and look up all the trains, trams and bus routes that run through it. Click on the route number and get the timetables.

You’ll find that some suburbs might initially look attractive (transport wise) as they are served by numerous bus routes. But when you go to click on the timetables you’ll might find only one bus an hour and no service after 7pm and on Sundays. Thus an IP’s proximity to a bus route is no guarantee of decent transport and it pays to check the timetables.

While you’re there, check the suburb’s fare zone for cost of trips to the city.

Also see the bus route index – this gives a brief rundown of destination served and running times/days without getting into detail.

But I reckon this detail (extending to esoteric things like bus routes) is one of the most fascinating aspects of due diligence there is. But that might be just me!

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘railway map’ is closed to new replies.