All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Councils and Plans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi everyone,

I was interested in learning more about Stu’s ideas on DA’s, sooo….

Who here is in the know about councils and Development plans?
    I guess from this question you can already tell, I’m green behind the ears. My father-in-law has been submitting plans to council and lobbying (right word?)rezoning for decades, but he is tightlipped with sharing the info, so if you could enlighten me, I’d be much appreciated.

I’d like to learn more and I’ve been to certain links, but where can I learn about the laws of subdivisions and the like?

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)][|)]

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of NessieNessie
    @nessie

Hi Sooshie

I am familiar with this so we should get together to chat. This can and is very complex. Have sent you an ICQ message.

Cheers
    Nessie

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi FOlks

Could we keep this as an open forum discussion as I would also like to know about this type of information especially related to subdivision.

Rob from Mount Iliza on my table saturday could you also contact me at [email protected]

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hello my friends…

Missing my Sunday cuddles already!
    I would be interested Nessie in your advice. Leigh, post will stay open, can’t see why it shouldn’t?
    I think I’ve opened another spot where we could benefit from advice. I’m actually doing research about this at the present. I will share what I find, but you might have to wait a couple, because I have both my son’s with me (a handful, but a real joy…uummm…ask me at the end of the day whether I survived this Thursday [:P]).
    Nessie, we should get together for herbal tea, we will chat on icq. I’ve already authorized you [8D]

Wonderful Day to you all

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

Profile photo of HurricaneHurricane
    @hurricane

I am with you Leigh

I would love to hear what others have experienced when going thru the motions of getting plans/permits for subdivision etc.

One questions I do have is, what if a neighbour objects to having another unit or two built nxt door? What legitamate grounds could a neighbour use to opose any such development?

P.S what about that coffee Leigh?

Ray

Profile photo of NessieNessie
    @nessie

Hi all

My apologies – I certainly did not have any intention of having a closed forum session with Sooshie on this topic.

As Sooshie is a Moderator of this forum and she had asked the question I wanted to explain – discuss this topic with her and determine what was the best way of advising everyone on the forum how to go about making money from development and subdivisions.

As I said this is and can be very complex and hugh money can be lost if you don’t know what you are doing.

Information will be posted asap.

Cheers
    Nessie

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

Thanks Nessie for the clari. I didn’t get the Icq message though. I have sent you an invite though. This offer is open to anyone from PI forum who’d like to chat or hook up.
    With regards to moderating, it’s more for making sure there are no offensive posts, blatant advertising or pie throwing ([:0)]).
    Nessie, would it be easier, since I asked such a broad topic, to go step by step… covering how to do due diligence on land, ie. title search, town plans, zoning, easments, usage restrictions on land etc.. and then cover how to purchase and what to pay, (i.e. closing costs and excepted LVR’s ), then cover, land taxes, subdivisions etc?

I know for me, land acquisition is NOT as easy as Stu made it sound. Maybe for some it is?

I look foward to your reply.
    Cheers and have a good eve and even better day
    Sooshie [:)]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Sooshie

I just stumbled accross a document entitled “Development, Building and Subdivision Guide-Rules and Regulations” issued by the City of Lake Macquarie. It can be found at:
    http://www.lakemac.com.au/business/pdf/development.pdf

Most councils would probably have some similar documents available either on hteir web site or a physical document.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of BeckyGordonBeckyGordon
    Participant
    @beckygordon

I would also be very interested about sub division as we have decided to increase the equity in our existing house, by adding a 2nd dwelling and then sub dividing We were amazed at the extra information the Knoxfield council have put in place to help residents decide if they match the criteria, before spending bucket loads of money when they don’t have to. I would suggest to go to your local council and see if they have any nice to know info……

Becky

Invest in People for a Prosperous Future!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Councils and Plans’ is closed to new replies.