All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Perth Northern Suburbs Investment Potential

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

Hi,
    I would have to agree about “go north” – we just look at the changes over the past 5 years since we began investing in Perth. Living interstate, you really notice the massive changes when you visit. Most of it is north of Perth. With great infrastructure, coastal location and the possible relocation of EC campus, it sounds an interesting place.
    The idea of an investors group is great. This is a fantastic opportunity to keep the momentum!
    cheers
    H[:)]

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

Hi everybody
    Perth Property Investor Network inaugural meeting is on.

Date: Tuesday 24th June 2003
    Time: 7.00pm
    Place: Financial Masters Group 191-193 Stirling Highway, Nedlands (about 5 mins out of the city)
    Phone: 0401 674464
    email: [email protected]
    Cost: FREE

Heaps of free carparking available.

All budding and experienced property investors are welcome. Refreshments will be provided.
    Other dates and venues can be planned at our first meeting. It will be great to meet some of you from the seminar again and catch up on what you have done and meet some new people with the same interests. Hope to see you all there.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi everybody. I’ve been following this thread and it seems that there are quite a few investors who are Perth based. I’m interested in the Perth area but are still o/s at the moment. Will fly back to OZ around the 3rd week of July and may come to Perth. Is there any one who may be interested in meeting during this time as I’m not able to go to the 6/24 meeting. As I’m always o/s it’s impossible to do hands on management of IPs thus the need to find some reliable people to handle this area for me.

C

Profile photo of minnie303minnie303
    @minnie303

Count me in Tracey.
    What a great idea!

I have recently moved to Perth and I work in the property management industry. I’m very interested to hear peoples stories on their experiences in this field.
    I’m also on the look out for my second IP, I’m still very green on the finance side of these things and am looking for ideas and options.

I hope to be there on Tuesday and looking forward to meeting some of the forum members.

all the best

Laura

To C2
    I’m in the Kalamunda area (very good capital growth and investment) If you are seeking investment in this area I’d be more than happy to offer any assistance or answer queries you may have.
    And the same applies to anyone, if you have any tenancy/rental queries i’d be more than happy to assist in them if i can.

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Laura, I will contact you in the near future, thanks.

C

Profile photo of CaerylaCaeryla
    Participant
    @caeryla

Hi All,

I was wondering if it was OK (and useful) for someone like myself – 2nd year uni student with minimal income but with a possibility of parental involvement, to come to the meetings. I think they’re a great idea and Im slowly learning just by reading your forum discussions but I am far from being able to contribute. Should I perusing books and researching first? Please advise! And please feel free to say whats on your mind [:)] I am but a young one [:D]

Caeryla

Profile photo of davidfemiadavidfemia
    @davidfemia

Caeryla,

Im sure your presence will be welcomed at the meetings. Age is no barrier to learning, and actually a wise move for future prosperity.

Email Tracey (see earlier post). Im sure she can give you the details of the next meeting.

David Femia

Femia Property Group
    Property Investment Consultants
    http://www.femiapropertygroup.com.au

Participant
    @caeryla

Thanks david. Perhaps I can persuade my mum to join in as well [:)] See you guys at the next meeting…

Caeryla

Profile photo of sydneysydney
    @sydney

quote:

Hi Daniel
    Prices are still reasonable around Clarkson and Joondalup. Also look further north at Quinns Rocks and south around rockingham. These are coastal suburbs which I think have potential. Feel free to contact me, after the great weekend at the seminar in Melbourne I would like to set up a network of property investors in Perth.
    Tracey Imbuldeniya
    Accredited Finance Consultant
    0401 674464

Profile photo of sydneysydney
    @sydney
    Quote:
    Hi Tracey , getting back into the perth real estate market is something i am very keen to do, having made the silly mistake of selling out about 4 years ago!! currently i am living in sydney and i tend to agree that that there is alot of potential in the northern suburbs of perth, unfortunately for me do not have any deposit but i do have a reasonably decent disposable income every week which i would like to funnel into real estate. i guess this brings me to the network you referred to, if you feel this is worth discussing further please email me [email protected]
    Profile photo of hwd007hwd007
    @hwd007

what sort of rents are you getting in Perth ? will $240K property rent for more than $240 a week ?

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Perth is like anywhere – there are great deals out there just have to work hard to find them.

My latest is a property 200m from Beach, 35min from city, bought for $250k and rented for $390 p/w. The block is also a 4 Unit site with huge development and capital appreciation potential due to government and private investment in the local area. [;)]

@hwd007

Hmm thats a good return it seems, though I guess it aint brand new is it? How old is it ?[?]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Built in 1956 – solid double brick and bloody well maintained – Didnt take much for the Jarrah floorboards and a new coat of paint to work wonders. [^]

@hwd007

So how do the numbers come out ? I assume you done gearing calculations ? whats the weekly cashflow ? I did some rough numbers on it based on a $50K salary and $270K borrowings at 6% and it came out close to zero holding cost. but its rough as I dont have all the facts, but looks like a winner for capital growth anyway at little cost if any.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Theres no way you could buy positive in this area – just get as close as you can to cf+ and rely on the capital gains. I have no doubt that the gains will be very good and I can always subdivide or sell as a 4 Unit site. It is very near a burgeoning Cappacino strip as well (1400m away!)

They are a duplex pair (sorry should have mentioned that!) so the flow is always there as there is never one not rented out – tennants in one side have been there 30 years!! The quote when I was looking at the place was “we want to die here” – that was the clincher for me!!

Participant
    @caeryla

Has anyone had experiences with buying in the Medina/Kwinana region? I’m looking at a vacant block east of the kwinana plant which is selling for about $44k for 700+sqm. It was actually found by my mother so I havent actually had the chance to talk the agent or check out the property yet. I’m worried about how the presence of the Kwinana plant will affect prices in the future. I am a newbie to the extent that I really have no idea how the finance/banks etc will work – my parents are willing to put up a deposit of up to $20k and I will slowly pay off any loans. My situation is that I am currently receiving youth allowance, but will only have a ‘real’ income when i start work, which will be in about 5 years when i finish my degree. Its a bit helpless and hopeless hey [xx(]
    Does have anyone have any suggestions?

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Know the Medina/Kwinana area quite well. The closer you can get to the new railway station (due 2006) the better. That is the Orelia, Bertram Heights area. This is getting quite expensive now. So if it Medina you are looking at and there are a heap of investors looking at the area at the moment you would probably do alright in the long run. Remember you can buy there for around $80K. [8)]

Profile photo of HamsterHamster
    @hamster

Sorry I had to miss our first meeting.

Would it be possible for me to have the minutes of the meeting via email or posted on this site.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of HoratioHoratio
    @horatio
    Quote:
    Hi Daniel
    Prices are still reasonable around Clarkson and Joondalup. Also look further north at Quinns Rocks and south around rockingham. These are coastal suburbs which I think have potential. Feel free to contact me, after the great weekend at the seminar in Melbourne I would like to set up a network of property investors in Perth.
    Tracey Imbuldeniya
    Accredited Finance Consultant
    0401 674464

Hi

I tend to agree with Tracey.

The trend is clear that people want to live closer to the coast. Prices have increased significantly in recent years in major coastal areas. Even areas such as Yanchep, Moore River, Seabird are increasing in value.

Regards
    Horatio

PS. Tracey I would be interested in participating in any Networking events here in Perth.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Perth Northern Suburbs Investment Potential’ is closed to new replies.