All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Message for minimogul

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Mini,
    Wanted to chat can you Email me on [email protected]

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

bump

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hey Mini,

Sooshie wants you too.. [:D] drop us a line or get icq.
    It was great to meet you and even get to introduce you to people “Guess what, this is Mini!”

Cheers

Sooshie [:)]
    icq#313541953

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hey Sooshi[:D]

How are you, how’s the kids[;)]?

I was wondering what icq is?

Cheers
    Leigh K

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

@sooshie

Hi Leigh,

Icq (I seek you) is simillar to instant messanger. Icq is a program you can download that allows you to chat with people when you are online and connected to the internet. There are intranet abilities aswell (if I’m not mistaken). It’s also similar to AIM which Moogie runs.
    You can download it at http://www.icq.com try it out and do a search for nickname sooshie icq# 313541953 It doesn’t take very long at all.
    When you send me a message (just click in the white box and type, then hit the send button) it’s a good idea to register using your nickname from forum, as currently I’m having to say and “Where do I know you from??” [:0)]
    It’s a good idea to configure the settings so that you’re not going to have a list a mile long of would be lover’s [;)] wanting to meet up with you [:P]. I’ll help you do it if you want. But wouldn’t that be great…to be able to chat online at the same time as reading someone’s post [;)] There is the option of a 3 way chat to…maybe even more.

Hope this helps…you have my number if you want more info. I’m home now.

Cheers

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Thanks Sooshi

Do they have to see when you log in or can it be just a messaging service?

Also Steve or Brent you may be able to tell me if the new and improved site will have instant messaging for forum members.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all just do it.

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Hey Leigh,

quote:

Do they have to see when you log in or can it be just a messaging service?

It can be both. Grab a copy from http://www.icq.com and have a play with it.

quote:

Also Steve or Brent you may be able to tell me if the new and improved site will have instant messaging for forum members.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

It does have a messaging system, similar to an internal e-mail system. That will mean people can send personal messages to eachother without giving out their e-mail addresses, and risking SPAMers catching them.

There are plans to one day have a PropertyInvesting.com chat room – but first we need to finish the current set of upgrades to the site.

You may or may not know that PropertyInvesting.com is being tuned up and supercharged behind the scenes right now, which will mean the site will run faster, with more functionality, and more information for you all.

Cheers

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com Admin

@sooshie

Hi there,

Thanks Brent for answering Leigh’s question about icq. I’ve been scouring some new links to add.. okay I confess…uuhhhummm I’ve been looking at properties too [:D]
    Going to watch Star Trek… it helps to put me to sleep [;)]
    Looking foward to the spell check on the upgraded site… [;)]

Night All

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hey AD, Hey Sooshie,

just wanted to let you know that I am going to NZ for four days tomorrow to do a light cosmetic reno on my cheapie IP with my boyfriend – should be fun!

And then on to Bali for a week.

!!!!!!!!!!

AD – you said in your email ‘you hope I had a day full of surprises’,

well i did: and it wasn’t just that telstra cable was down !!!

in the morning, i found out my tenant (my cheapie IP house was bought with existing tenant) had handed her keys in and gone) –
    ……but by the afternoon, my boyfriend and i were booked on airpoints flights leaving tomorrow for four days to do a light cosmetic reno!!! (total virgins at it, so it should be a real hoot!!!)

And minutes later my boyfriend got a job sound-engineering INXS in Bali for a charity gig that doesn’t pay any money, but all expenses paid, 5 star hotels + airfares and he can bring me and his son all for free!!!!!!

So we are also having an impromptu free holiday for a week.

Lucky i work for myself and could cancel my life.

So if they have internet over there I will be checking in, but if not, see you in a week and a half!!

cheers-
    Mini

@sooshie

Hi Mini,

I love Bali, where are you staying? Most 5 star hotels are either in Jimberan,Nusa Dua or Ubud!
    I reckomend Ubud…you will just love it! Nusa Dua is for retirees, Kuta – well… Jimbaran has the best seafood on the water front..and Ubud is amazing, very arty. I also like Sanur, a mix between Nusa Dua, Kuta and Ubud.
    Have fun… there is property there too…In fact before I even knew I about investing in property, I was thinking of buying property there.

Cheers

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Sooshie, i can’t believe it but the gig is putting us up at the Intercontinental in Nusa Dua so I will be hanging with the
    geriatrics! Seeing as I am stiff and sore all over after our four day miracle makeover I reckon I will fit right in….NOT!!!!!!!!

About the reno, gosh, it went really well. Almost like it was blessed. Problems were solved quickly i.e. here’s just one anecdote of so many….

the stove didn’t work…a switch burst into flames when i turned it on. (thought I’d test it before i cleaned it!) However the floor sander’s wife said she had a spare one in the garage…and for $150 they would bring it down, take away the old one back to the tip for me, and Ray would wire in the new one for me. Best of all the new one was clean so I didn’t have to clean the old one – which was beyond filthy….!!!!!!

Another contractor bought us in a heater because he thought we might be cold. Went home speciallly to get it at the end of the day and brought it back.

then there was the builder who said he’d leave he trailer there all week for us and just to fill it up and he’d tip it for us later. Every single one of the locals was fantastic, and workers superb and cheap. Shy, sweet, strong, proud local Maori chaps.
    The joinery for the window that had to be replaced ($90) was so perfectly made and so tightly fitting that it had to be seen to be believed.
    I overspent – but hey what’s new!! – and anyway, how was i to know that under that grotty carpet and lino was the most beautiful and desirable heart Matai floorboards? it would have been a crime to carpet and lino over them – so am getting the whole house sanded and polished. Brilliant – meant we could slop around as much as we wanted without bothering about putting sheets down when we painted. the old carpet and lino became the built-in paint sheets.

The rent was $90 before but will rent for $125 now. it will attract a better tenant too. Close to the hospital so perhaps a worker. High demand for rental properties in the area – the real estate agent had zero (!!!!!!) houses for rent and had been advertising on the radio for properties. !!! That day, two people had been turned away that wanted to rent houses. Doesn’t sound like many, but there are only 5000 or so people in this town.

Time is what we didn’t have I reckon I could write a book full of stories about how interesting and fun it was – and we were only there for four days! daze! I overpaid people – the builder, I managed to get for a couple of hours on a Sunday and i said I’d give him $35 and hour instead of the usual $25
    for short notice and it being a weekend. Little did I know there was more like two eight hour days of work, not two hours. (and he was going fast!!!) However because I was overpaying him, he cancelled his other work so he could be available Monday and Tuesday for me. So I think in one way it was worth doing it although my boyfriend thought I was being a bit too generous…I don’t though…

For example when we went to the local Mitre 10 to get supplies they said ‘how did you manage to get Robert on a Sunday? He’s the best builder in town’. Lucky, lucky, lucky. My key man actually was the builder’s report guy who gave me everyone’s numbers and the best ones to call and in which order- plus gave me his name to drop which came in very handy. he dropped in every day to make sure everything was cool as ‘project manage’ and would instruct the builder as to what to do according to my general brief.

Another great moment was when the real estate agent who sold me the place came to inspect it after the renovation (who is also the property manager) – he just about had tears in his eyes and kept patting me and saying ‘well done, well done girl!
    i can’t believe it, who’d have thought,’ and things like that.
    it really felt like one little spot in the world was a better place than it had been four days before and that felt good. So what if I not only overpaid the bros and bought them lunch. They’ll be my team when I do the one across the road, which I’m already planning…don’t tell my boyfriend though….he’s sooo tired….

I think i will do the next one with my mum and Dad!!
    g’night
    off to Bali in a few hours, YAY!!!

Mini

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hi Barabara

Sounds great… Looks like all the hardwork paid off…

What does the RE agent think your reno did in terms of increased valuation?

Cheers

David U

Profile photo of bobbiebobbie
    Participant
    @bobbie

Hey Mini,

sounds like you did a fantastic job and had tons of fun doing it. Where did you buy and what LVR did the bank do in a little town and what bank did you use?

Rest up and get ready for the next one!!!

Profile photo of susie_langmaid_2susie_langmaid_2
    @susie_langmaid_2

[:D]
    Well done Mini, I’m really impressed and can say that I know “that” feeling as well. My partner is a Kiwi & we are investing in N.Z. as well.
    Have a fab holiday & lots of R&R & C’s (cocktails!!!)
    Can u please get in touch with me when you get back from your well deserved rest.
    [email protected]

Ta. Susie

@sooshie

Hi Mini,

Have fun in Bali… Nusa Dua will be great relax for you, but I think you’ll go bored! [:P] Try out the local Japanese resturant in the Nusa Dua Tragia (Matsuri – I think).
    Did you take pictures of your reno? I’d love to see them.
    When you get back, I’ll be off to Fiji on a scuba holiday for 2 weeks. I’m going to do my advanced open water. Yeah! [8D]
    Look foward to hearing about your next reno (the one your boyfriend doesn’t know about yet [;)]) when I get back.
    Cheers

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Everybody,

!!!back from Bali, wow what an amazing place.
    ’twas my first visit. Absolute paradise.

David – re:
    >What does the RE agent think your reno did in terms of >increased valuation?
    Well…hehe….I said ‘what do you think it would sell for if I put it on the market tomorrow? and he named a figure which was 64 percent higher than what i paid for it.
    hehehehehe

BUT the real truth to that is that the house was so cheap and the renovations around 7-8 K that it was only about 2K more than i would have spent. however i am not really concerned about cap. gain – just cashflow. I mean, capital gain is fantastic and I am sure that even in this town, it will happen eventually in the future, but this is a real buy and hold as far as I am concerned which is why I am doing the renovations and maintenance properly.

> Where did you buy and what LVR did the bank do in a little >town and what bank did you use?
    Hey Bobbie, I bought in the central north island in an area called the King country. 3 hours from Auckland.
    I have no finance yet as i have purchased on equity. I am planning to tackle the finance issue in about 6 months when I hopefully will have 2-3 properties rented and going well.
    I am a NZ citizen and my money is there. I will be using Stoneman Financial Services in wanganui when I try for finance – they are a mortgage and insurance broker and I have only used them for insurance so far.
    Bradley Sturzaker is the insurance dude. I am using them because they are somewhat local to both my IPs.
    I’ve heard that BNZ don’t use brokers any more and you should apply to them direct. I’ve also heard that Kiwibank is the hot young choice offering some of the most competitive rates.
    I would recommend subscribing to KPI (Kiwi property investor magazine) – I have only read one issue – the latest one – but there is so much info in it that I think it;s a must if you are looking at investing in NZ.
    link to the mag here…
    http://www.propertyinvestor.co.nz

Hi Susie,!!
    >Well done Mini, I’m really impressed and can say that I know >”that” feeling as well. My partner is a Kiwi & we are investing >in N.Z. as well.
    yay!

>Hi Mini,
    >Have fun in Bali… Nusa Dua will be great relax for you, but I >think you’ll go bored! Try out the local Japanese resturant in >the Nusa Dua Tragia (Matsuri – I think).
    Hi Sooshie, I sooooo wasn’t bored. It was completely lovely.
    Took a couple of sightseeing trips to Uluwatu temple (clifftop amazing special place with sacred monkeys that eat from your hand!) and also this place called Ubud where the rice terraces are. That was a place i could have spent a week at!!!

Kuta was fun, in a crazy way – at one point we were surrounded by about 12 women who knew us all by name (they’re so good at hawking!) – doing my nails, feet, and massaging me all at one – not to mention doing Mats and Oskar’s nails and henna tattoos on them -. i think business has been real quiet for them since the bombing so they seemed extra-desperate. We spent a million down there….rupiah that is….hahahahah!!!

>Did you take pictures of your reno?
    Sure did!
    > I’d love to see them.
    I’ll figure out how to do that. Maybe I can create a link.
    hmmmmmm!!!!

>When you get back, I’ll be off to Fiji on a scuba holiday for 2 >weeks. I’m going to do my advanced open water. Yeah!
    wicked! go girl!

>Look foward to hearing about your next reno (the one your >boyfriend doesn’t know about yet ) when I get back.

yeah – the RE agent REALLY wants me to buy the one across the road! Maybe I will!

cheers to all –
    Barb

@sooshie

Hi Mini,

Welcome home! I knew you’d love Ubud [8D]
    64% increase in value on your reno!!! WOW!
    By the way thanks for the link, I’ll pop it into ‘useful links #2’ post.

Those massages are great aren’t they! [:D]

Cheers

Profile photo of DavidUDavidU
    @davidu

Hi Barbara

64% more in just 4 days!!! You’ve done extremely well!!! Excellent stuff!

I remember what the purchase price was; so…..

In theory if you could sell at the price quoted by the RE agent, you could buy 2 more at the same price; then do the reno thing all over again; sell those 2 and buy 4 more, etc etc!!!!

You may have just discovered another fulltime career!!!

In any case, all the best…

I’m going to London in August then off to inspect some properties in Christchurch when I get back, prob before Xmas

Cheers

David U

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Sooshie and DavudU,

>64% increase in value on your reno!!! WOW!

yeah but like I said that was basically just adding the capital sunk into the renos into the purchasing price and adding 2K.
    So really it sounds better than it is….but stilll…it feels real good….!!

>Those massages are great aren’t they!
    Yeah – i think it was the world’s oldest masseuse complete with chinese lampshade hat and missing teeth, but she was terrific!

>Hi Barbara
    hi david!!!

>In theory if you could sell at the price quoted by the RE agent, >you could buy 2 more at the same price; then do the reno >thing all over again; sell those 2 and buy 4 more, etc etc!!!!
    >You may have just discovered another fulltime career!!!

wwwwahhhh! I don’t want another full time career! i like being a muso!!! heheheh! but yeah! i def. want to finance them in about six months and hopefully get more finance than I paid in the first place if possible, in order to fund more properties.

I’ve pretty much noticed that overly cheap purchase price = work to do, but if that means I can buy more property for my money, I’m willing to do that for now just to build equity faster.
    ESPECIALLY if i can turn a reno over in four days. (possible because we hired labour.)

Anyway, the reno’s I have done to this one, apart from the floors and paint and the visible prettying up stuff, a lot of them are the invisible kind that valuers and purchasers don’t necessarily see, but ones that i have done because i am intending to hold long term and i want the house to be good and sturdy and the problems not get worse and then cost more later.
    >I’m going to London in August
    yay. perfect time to visit.
    have fun.
    > then off to inspect some >properties in Christchurch
    yay – good luck! Re Chch, the Kiwi Property Investor mag, it says that a suburb called New Brighton is gonna go nuts.

cheers-
    Mini

PS Did i tell you i bought 21 curtains – enough for the whole house – in Bali for the equivalent of $130 AUD? Took an hour of negotation though! however the current spotlight sale has curtains from 11 bucks each too. I needed to put curtains in because otherwise tenants just stick nails and sheets up, ya know….

Profile photo of annabelleannabelle
    Participant
    @annabelle

Hi Mini Mogul

Fantastic result re your reno:)

I am buying in the same area and have hunted and hunted for a building inspector with no luck.

If you don’t mind, I’d really appreciate his details
    [email protected]

Many thanks
    ani

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Message for minimogul’ is closed to new replies.