All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Offer of Interest ???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

Is it possible to make an ‘Offer Of Interest”? or “Unbinding Tentative Expression of Interest”

For example submit an offer to the vendor with a clause/small print stating;
    “Please note this is not an offer for purchase merley an offer of interest to negotiate”

My reasoning is to see if the Vendor is interested in any offer and conditions I am willing to settle on without it being binding? Basically trying to mitigate the risk by binding the vendor to the offer rather than me..

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

Thanks Michael – (I was hoping you would reply to this question)

quote:

You want the vendor locked into price and conditions, but not you. Is this right?

Well, not necessarily bind the vendor, but that could be a bonus. Basically,I want to see if they would except my terms and conditions without being bound if they accept.

quote:

However, until contracts are exchanged, any offers should be verbal. If you use a written offer (like us) you need to get the agents’ or vendors’ signature on it to make it worth anything. Otherwise they have your signed offer in hand and you’ve got fresh air, which I think is the opposite of what you’re trying to achieve.

Personally, I like written offers too. I feel they have more weight and “backing”, the having “only fresh air” is what I am trying to avoid..

Pete

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

thanks michael….much appreciated…

Cheers
    Pete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Offer of Interest ???’ is closed to new replies.