All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Personal Development

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi everyone,

Okay so now you all know I’m a real person! [:D] Whether you went to the seminar or not (and if you didn’t – go to the next one)it’s important to lay foundations that will keep you steady for building any type of life you want to live.
    The foundations begins with you (an AHAA moment!) Know your fears, know your goals and build your team of likeminded people. Most houses are not built on only one stump!
    I want everyone to have the opportunity to post their personal development hurdle/fear or desire and relate it to how you are going to establish your empire with property investing. I guess it’s like asking, What do you possess within you to make yourself a success in real estate?
    This is not a test or a trick that Steve has set up … This is just as the post entitles … ‘Personal Development’
    If you want to share, the forum is here for you. If we can help or challange you… let us know.

Cheers

Sooshie [:)]

There are no problems, only solutions

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Great to finally meet you Sooshi and to know that this really is your name.
    You made the best single mum with 9 kids.
    Your role playing was just wonderful.
    I agree with you totally and it was good to hear how other are doing it and how you can adapt it to your own use.
    Well, this is an opportunity to take well-considered,careful stepping stones in the right directions, with a huge amount of educative input.
    I was stepping into the dark with my past property investments, and learnt the hard way. what a fantastic opportunity to newcomers this is to avoid too many serious mistakes.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Regina,

It was lovely to meet you to! [:)] Thank you for sharing with us. Brave woman! I wish you every success from here on end!
    I, like you, have made many mistakes, both personally and with property. I have a young family and to think that my mistakes caused hardship in their lives – HURTS – BIG TIME. [:(]
    BUT!!! If only one thing I’ve posted to date, can help someone, I’d do it gladly, over and over. At the end of the day, we are human (although do Ihave a story to tell you all!)and if we can’t live with each other, then what?

Lovely meeting you

Cheers

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Regina…. yet another person I didn’t get to meet. doh!

As to the hurdle one of mine is paperwork. I hate it. So for me we are building a new office setup and Fiona will step up her involvement in the small stuff and we also will hire a book keeper for 4-5 hours per month. I love talking to people and doing deals but I hate the small stuff that makes it tick.

As to my greatest fear…..well that is being worked on at the moment.

As bizzare as it sounds my fear is one of mediocrity. I would not like to look back on my life and think I had just been existing. I want to be able to look back on my life and smile knowing I accomplished things I would not have dreamed of. Met people and helped change their lives both. Last but not least loved my family and friends as best as I could. I fear having to look back and thinking of all I could have been and yet having been none of it.

One of the reasons I offer my feeble assistance on this site is so I can help others achieve their best also. I firmly believe that your success is a reflection of the success of those around you.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if PI.com could set up a benevolent fund because of how successful we have all become because of each other.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to go into schools and be able to help kids who are struggling by challenging them and helping them along their way. Also teaching them truly useful thing….the education of money and how to control and use it.

These are just two of my dreams and I could prattle on all day with such thoughts but work must be done…..Action must be taken.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of AlexandraAlexandra
    Participant
    @alexandra

Hi Sooshie and AD,
    I am constantly amazed at how many people are out there to help. [:)] Thank you to you guys.
    Anyway, I got home that Sunday night EXHAUSTED! But my head just kept ticking. I could not get myself to rest. I went about reviewing my own set of goals and suddenly, I felt fear. I know, I know…fear in its definition is unreal but I felt it nevertheless. I did not think I would feel it. I thought I was mentally tough and that this is one of the challenges I can take on easily. But for 2 days now, I am just hanging on. From work, I come home, attend to my little bub and do something, maybe stay an hour or two browsing the net or just reading some property information. (I can’t get Steve’s challenge out of my head! one +ive property in 7 days!) One thing I am sure of, whatever the outcome of my search will be, I would come out a better person.
    I am unsure if I can be of any help as far as providing advice in property investing BUT, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I would love to lend a hand.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of WilinvestWilinvest
    @wilinvest

AD

I am with you all the way when it comes to our children and money management. There is not enough life living skills taught these days. It is all so accademic.

It would be great to set up something that can go out and teach some real life skills as an enhancement to schools and their programmes.

I see far too many children thinking that money grows on trees and expect all the latest wiz bang things in life. And worse still some get it at the slightest of a wimper. This in not to say that I would not give my all to my children . Just that they need to work, appreciate and respect what they do get.

Keep up the great work guys.

Wilma

Profile photo of scottscott
    @scott

Hi Soosh,
    It was great to finally meet you on the weekend.
    Ive been a bit of a scardy cat all my life, not in the sense of physical things like heights or speed, but of a less tangible thing, I think its failure, but it includes rejection and other issues that I guess are all forms of failure.
    In the past six or so month Ive been looking at what Ive done to acheive my long term goals in life. The answer was very little because 9 times out of 10 I wouldn’t give it a go cause I was scared of failing . As a result I’ve slaved away 10 years of my life and not acheived many of the things I know I could have acheived.
    So as a result of much thought Ive decided my greatest fear is fear itself, as it is what is stopping me from acheiving my goals.
    Its probably very simmilar to AD’s fear and many other peoples as well, but theres no way I’m going to be mediocre (to pinch AD’s word) because I feared the concequences of the road to glory.
    As a result of this resolution not to be afraid you’ll be seeing a lot more of me on these forum boards, as previously I’ve been scared to comment, unless i got really brave or mad![:I]

Best wishes to all’
    Scott S[8D]

P.S. Soosh I’ll be in touch about the FHOG when I get the info for you.

“Aim for the stars and you’ll shoot the top of the telegraph pole. Aim for the top of the telegraph pole and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot!”
    -anon

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing [^] Scott, I was very impressed with your creativity! I’m looking foward to catching up [8D]
    Today has been a roller coaster for me. It started off low (my friend having a CT scan ? tumor of brain – she’s already gone through it once!) then I was looking through http://www.realestate.com.au and found some positive cash flow property… SOLD… never mind I will keep looking.. Then I spoke to an agent that knew about cash flow property (AWESOME!!!) I’ll be talking to him again. I was elated again, until my brother came over and told me he’s been retrenched [:(][B)]. He wants to know about what we do… So he’s talking on the phone with a Pete now. I’m not really wonderful at explaining things to my family [:P]. They believe I’m wasting my talents by NOT working in the hospital system…
    I’m re-elating myself by looking at more cashflow positive properties at the realestate.com site. I also found something up Stu’s alley!
    Got to go
    Cheers

“Giving is a Blessing, receiving is the bonus”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Personal Development’ is closed to new replies.