All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Get Rich quick schemes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of GordonGekkoGordonGekko
    @gordongekko

Hi All,

I am not a “believer” in get rich quick schemes. But I am curious

Got a flyer in the letterbox today for a Property Investment scheme. (I will not mention the company) On the front it had big boats, people on beaches laughing, people enjoying life in general.

And here are some of the things you will learn at this free seminar:
    1. “How to increase your net pay”

2.”How to cut your mortgage time in half without major changes to your lifestyle”

Has anybody been to these “get rich quick” seminars? And if so, what did you get out of them, that i couldn’t get from a couple of Jan Somers books and this forum?

Gordon

“Greed is good”
    Gordon Gekko (Wall Street)

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

..possibly a free coffee [:D]

But seriously…. honestly looking back – last year I was the ultimate (free) seminar junkie….myself and a friend from uni used to attend any free seminar we could get too (some even twice – dont ask me why[:0)]) I did get some ‘average’ knowledge from various ones – but Gordon, I have to agree with you…. I really got nothing of substantial benefit at these events that I havent got 10 times over in a good book….

…plus i can make better coffee at home [8D]

The only advice I can give is go too them with an open mind if you choose…and be self conscious that you dont become a seminar junkie like me and my mate were….

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

Profile photo of Gus_2Gus_2
    @gus_2

Gordon,

There are enough really good books around to satisfy your thirst for knowledge on the real estate subject, however getting out there and buying your first property is the experience that will make your knowledge real. The more you buy and the various strategies you employ on your journey will further expand your expertise. As someone mentioned at the seminar over the weekend do you want to be an acedemic or a practicioner. Practicioners make the money, the others……????

Read and implement

Good luck

Gus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Get Rich quick schemes’ is closed to new replies.