All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Family trusts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of onlykarmaonlykarma
    @onlykarma

Hi,

I am about to embark on the journey of property investment and am considering setting up a family trust first and a business name.
    Your comments regarding the usefulness of family trusts, how it works in practice with property investing, how to go about it and approximate costs would be appreciated.
    thankyou.
    Anthony

Profile photo of onlykarmaonlykarma
    @onlykarma

Thanks Michael for the reply,

I had ordered the Renton book the other day and am eargerly awaiting it. Am beginning to see the direction I may go. A discretionary family trust with or without a corporate trustee. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of linking a business entity to the trust.
    Anthony

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Anthony.

It is also worth getting Dale Gatehrum-Goss book on trusts.
    Check out his website http://www.gatherumgoss.com/shopping.htm

Hope this helps.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of whjwhj
    @whj

Hi Anthony

Of you want some real general information in an easy to read book NE Renton has written a couple of books on trust.

I have read “Family Trusts”, which did have some useful information.

WHJ

Profile photo of RudiRudi
    @rudi

A fantastic resource which explains all the various structures in a property investing context is Steve McKnight’s “WEALTH GUARDIAN”. It consists of an audio CD and a comprehensive workbook.

If you attended last weekend’s Wealth Masters Seminar you would have received a copy, otherwise, I believe it will be available for sale shortly via this website.

I highly recommend it!

Rudi

Profile photo of DaveCDaveC
    @davec

Hi Anthony

Just wanted to emphasize the value of Dale Gatherum-Goss’s book if you can get it.

It’s worth it’s weight in gold!!

Could I suggest Steve’s Wealth Guardian kit is well worth a read and a listen to as well

Take care
    Dave

Profile photo of HurricaneHurricane
    @hurricane

Anthony

Preparing this sort of a structure enables you to control your assets without necessarily owning them thus giving you optimal asset protection , and also assits you in paying the lowest amount of tax[}:)] legally possible.

Hope this helps

Ray

Profile photo of RachelRachel
    @rachel

Hi Onlykarma
    That is great that you are about to embark on Property investing the best thing to do is work out what you want out of property investing and then go and talk to an accountant so he can advice you on what would be best for your situation. Dont let lack of stucture hold you back though because you will learn as you go. I have just finished setting up my company trading as a trust fund and it ended up costing me around $1300 I live in Qld so prices may vary from state to state. Hope this is of some help
    Regards Rachel

Dont just sit there and say YES BUT. Just DO IT!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Family trusts’ is closed to new replies.