All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Is it possible to get finance w/out a job??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of 4walls24walls2
    Participant
    @4walls2

Silly question I guess.

No job – no income
    X amount of dollars in the bank
    proven track record with bank on past 4 mortgages, current mortgage with same bank.

Would it still be possible to get finance for IP’s??

Thanks

Profile photo of golfergolfer
    @golfer

Depending on your LVR a lot of the lenders we deal with still offer honeymoon type products so the 1st year has a reduced interest rate around 5.25%. If you need any more information please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Regards
    Golfer

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Low Documnet loan would be the best way to go for now as you do not have a job. But if you plan to get a job in the short term then be careful locking into a product like this. Some have substantial penalties for refinancing.

If you are going to get a job in the short term banks will look at the following points.

How long have you been unemployed
    What was your previuos employment.
    What are the conditions of your current employment?

The reason for this is that the bank will usually like to see at least 3 months in a job where you have not changed vocation. If you change vocation they may ask for 12 months worth of time in the job.

So if you get a job soon in the same feild you worked previuosly then you may only have to wait 3 months to get your finance approved.

I usually suggest that onec you get a job you go for pre-approval and they will put a condition on the loan that you have worked in the job for 3 months. Then you can potentailly buy – subject to finance – and do it all in about 4 months.

My thoughts

Petters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to get finance w/out a job??’ is closed to new replies.