All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Any good IP in Sydney for 300K?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Is that possible to find a good IP in Sydney for around 300K & if so, where? I only can afford that much.

Thanks

Huey

[:D]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Plenty mate. Try units in Campbelltown or Cabramatta. prices start around $140,000. late last year I went to an auction in Maquarie fields -ex housing commisison 3 br house went for $150,000. Aound the blacktown area you can get houses for about $200K still.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Many thanks Terry, Is it easy to get tenants in these areas & about how much per week for a 200k IP?

Huey

[:)]

Profile photo of CYCY
    @cy

I think basic 3br fibro starts at 270+ at blacktown. Decent houses would go for 300+. For 250s you may go to campbelltown (also minto , mac fields). Or you can go further west say Mt druitt/St Marys.

If you lucky you can find one in Central Coast ( gosford etc) for 300k.

Rent probably 190-220 pw max. – unless reno, of course.

As long as the property is presentable , I can’t see why tenant won’t live at your place. Not everyone can afford 500 pw to rent at Maroubra – so therefore there’s always demand to rent @200 pw.

cheers

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Thanks CY, I will search thru Domain.com.au. The areas I’m looking for IPs are limited because I don’t feel comfortable buying in areas that I know nothing about. Houses in Sydney are so expensive but I used to live there.

Huey

[:)]

Profile photo of George1George1
    @george1

For 300k you have to decide whether you want capital growth or a decent rental return in Sydney as it doesn’t buy you much. You have to also decide on an area that a bank is willing to finance you in. There is no point finding a studio under 40 squares for $200,000 in Darlinghurst if the bank requires a much larger deposit as extra security.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any good IP in Sydney for 300K?’ is closed to new replies.