All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Newbie…Study or investment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of kenlekenle
    @kenle

Hi everyone Im currently have a headache at this moment, so woul all youse experience pple out there give some insight to what i should do.

Im currently 22 yr old. I bought a property reno it and have plan and permit. I raised the capital value to 70%. I got two choices:

1. sell it pay all of my minor debt and go back to study – diploma ecommerce
    2. sell it buy another investment property and continue what i have done.

I would like to retire early on a passive income.

However everyone around me advice me to go back and study to have a stable job then do investment as side business. Any recomendation? at the moment i working at a job that i dont like.

Profile photo of bluebearbluebear
    Participant
    @bluebear

ahhh the good old, go to school, study hard, get a good job, and reire on you super advise.

What do you want to do? be an ecommerce guy working till your 60, or a be a propery investor working till you want to work ????

I’d go hard on the property :)

Profile photo of kenlekenle
    @kenle

what about status?

My highest is completion of vce?

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Ken,

E-commerce is not a very time consuming course. You still have time to do more house renovations while studying. You are still young you can choose which way to go later.

I think if you’ve left school or worked fulltime for at least 2 years you can get Govt Study assistance to go back to study. You can check this with CentreLink.

I’m a conservative soul.

:-)

Huey

Profile photo of f_j_of_j_o
    @f_j_o

You can NEVER substitute a strong education over anything in life. Education is everything, and the rest is just the rainy rewards that comes from the sweat!

“Why oh why didn’t I take the BLUE pill!?”

Profile photo of Brett_2Brett_2
    Participant
    @brett_2

quote:

I would like to retire early on a passive income.

If this is really what you want, then the answer is simple – door No.2 [:)]

Regards,
    Brett [:)]

“Even if you’re on the right track you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

I tend to agree with f-j-o. There’s no substitute for education. Why can’t you go back to study but keep the present property as a rental?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Newbie…Study or investment’ is closed to new replies.