All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Need Level Headed Advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JellyBJellyB
    @jellyb

Hello All. I have been benefiting from your combined wisdom for a couple of months now and I thankyou. At present I have used the equity in my home purchase an IP for %69000 that rents for $120 per week. My problem is that it is in a block of 12 and another is up for private sale but the bank has knocked me back for another investment loan because of concerns my income will not service both loans if they are both untenanted, both of them are at present. I could pursue it with a separate institution using borrowed money for the deposit, s I see it as a good investment. I realise I could be being a bit gung ho about pursuing it. Any advice would be welcome. Thankyou!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

JellyB

That happens sometimes. Bank (or LMI) is worried about having too many units in the one block. It increases their risk. Maybe there are other units in the block with the same bank as well?

You could just ask for an increase in your loan, take out the extra funds and go to a different bank using those funds as deposit.

That’s a good return too so maybe the bank is only taking a much lower rent into account in the serviceability test.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

My only thought Jelly is that if the dal works for you make it happen. If that means going to a bank which is not so narrow minded then do it. Just be sure of your numbers and be confortable with the risk.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“”Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
    Albert Einstein

Profile photo of JellyBJellyB
    @jellyb

Thankyou for your replies. I am going to do it, I am researching alternatives right now. Your positive feedback helps!

Profile photo of Tony29Tony29
    @tony29

quote:

Thankyou for your replies. I am going to do it, I am researching alternatives right now. Your positive feedback helps!

Jellyb,

I have just joined propertyinvesting.com and I think this forum is great.
    My company is able to help with property investment financial advice with no obligation or cost. Would love to help.

Regards,
    Tony
    [e-mail address edited]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Need Level Headed Advice’ is closed to new replies.